Best Armour

speedyjonzalas

Likes Dirt
Whats everyone using for upper body armour?

I have been through the old versions of Dainese and also a couple of sets of 661 pressure suits (over the last ten years) and have given all of them away after a short time as I always feel hot/restricted in them.

As I now have two kids I'm thinking I may by yet another set as hurting myself badly is no longer an option.

Im after something that feels light on your body, includes elbow pads, and not blazing hot. Im not too bothered about price as I understand you get what you pay for!

Currently looking at:

• Fox Head Titan (looks hot)
    Dainese Ryolite
    Troy Lee Designs UPL7855-HW Long Sleeve Shirt 2015
    POC VPD

Last edited:

sketchylanding

Likes Bikes
Have been using the Troy Lee long shirt for about 1.5 years. Works well with Leatt brace as you can remove the padding where it sits on chest and back. Has great coverage and is comfortable but as with all body armour gets hot. I like the way it is fairly low profile so you can wear it under a close fitting Jersey. I can also attest to its impact absorption abilities - have tested it well.

The only thing I dislike about this armour is that it is so bloody hard to get out of. It takes Houdini like manoeuvres once you are sweaty, and you will get sweaty. If only it had a zip it would get 5 stars, but now 3.5.

MARKL

Eats Squid
I have used the Dainese in the past and liked it. Currently I am using the POC VPD and love it, the fit is fantastic, low profile, it is as warm as the Dainese though. From a heat point of view neither the Dainese or POC have ever bothered me though they may bother others. If I was in the market now I would also have a look at the Leatt jacket.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have the Leatt jacket. Full armour, with extra rib guards and special pockets for use with neck brace.
I've had different pressure suits on the moto over the years.
The Leatt scores a big plus on protection.
However, it's very bulky which means it's hot, heavy and a little uncomfortable. It's my cold weather DH armour. I revert back to my Dainese when it warms up and a 661 coresaver for rocky enduros.

If temperature is a big thing the Leatt is not the best choice.
The large open mesh/netting style pressure suits are cooler than the lycra/stretch/jersey style ones by a long way.