Recent content by Scott_W

1. Scott_W

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I fitted a shorter stem to my Fluid 9, which then gave me a spare long stem, which enabled me to fit a set of cut down Hussfelt DH bars to my daughters 20 inch Giant MTB. Lighter and cooler than the heavy steel stock ones!
  2. Scott_W

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Plenty of Sand in someone's vagina, and he's not even the seller. Lee is way too invested here.
  3. Scott_W

Lets talk Gloves.

I've been wearing Mechanix gloves for years for both BMX and MTBing. I bought a few sets when Masters went out of business. They are a little hot in summer, but offer very good protection against gravel rash in a crash (I've tested this). My kids both have fist gloves, which are super light...
  4. Scott_W

Confessions from the fuckwits

After reading the tyre logo argument, I've just looked over at my kids race bmx's. One has the Maxxis logos lined up perfectly (I haven't had to take the tyres off since I bought it) while the other had the 'M' lining up with the valve on the front, and the logo on the rear is about 150mm...
  5. Scott_W

Yeah, I've seen a few with crazy expensive shipping. Luckily the fracture was in a good spot and wasn't a bad one. Still, no bike time for a while.
  6. Scott_W

Covid is making it difficult to get 26" tyres, so I currently have a pair of commuter slicks on my DJ bike. Not very far into a Sunday arvo riding session with a mate, I clear all the jumps nicely, then proceed to lock up the front wheel on the short, off-camber braking area which is covered in...
  7. Scott_W

Little Things You Love

I have a diacomp anchor that was on the rear of my bike when I bought it 12ish years back, maybe more. I changed the pads on them a few months back. That's the only maintenance I've carried out to that brake since I've had the bike. It still works mint!
  8. Scott_W

Little Things You Hate

When the 'expert' paid to do the job stuffs it up. The cheap DH bike I bought had receipts for the forks being rebuilt. The seals and everything look mint and it works nicely, so seems OK. I figured that since then, someone had been tinkering and had the front wheel off since as there was...
  9. Scott_W

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Yesterday I took my freshly aquired DH rig to the NV gravity Park. Fun ensued, but it's still very apparent that I suck. But who cares when you are having fun!
  10. Scott_W

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

I've seen the odd fireball pop up at that price, but they go super quick. I'm keeping an eye out for one for my cousin so he has someting for the pump track and dirt jumps. His torrent and Gambler aren't much chop in those locations, so I convinced him he needs another bike :D
  11. Scott_W

Chain reaction cycles

I've been trying to get a set of 26" tyres for the DJ bike for a month now. I've dropped a ton of weight off the bike changing the Maxxis Minnion 2.7 tyres and DH tubes to a set of commuter slicks, but they aint good on dirt. I thought I'd hit the jackpot when I found someone listing some...
  12. Scott_W

The QUICK question thread.....

I thought that thread was for self inflicted stupidity? I'm glad I discovered it before I hit NV on the weekend, but I have been to the Coomera dirt jumps twice now clearing (and casing) the big jumps with the front end not tightened down. Awesome...
  13. Scott_W

Well it doesn't happen often, but I was wrong. It wasn't 3 out of 4 pinch bolts stripped. None were doing anything because they were all on upside down and so we're screwed directly into the steel retainer and not going through the fork... I tried taking one out and was surprised when this...
  14. Scott_W

It's only a front wheel, so it's not super important is it?
  15. Scott_W

I should have taken a pic as it definitely would have helped. The forks look similar to this, except the bolts come up from the bottom, so there's heaps of access for longer bolts. The recess at the top looks pretty much the same as what's in the pic, so I can run a longer bolt through and jam...