Recent content by Pete W

1. P

SCUM 4 hr Enduro (and upcomming 6 hr Enduro)

Merida/Xfusion 6hr So.....Who's coming to ride with the scum? The track will have some extra sections added and a section rerouted to make it interesting.
  2. P

The 29er thread.

That will be a sweet wheelset, just keep em tuned and you'll have no problems. Great Choice THe jury is still out with stans tyres in my opinion, really slim but not so grippy. But tyres I think are a personal thing whatever suits you, suits you.
  3. P

The 29er thread.

Hey I'm 85kg or so and just a trail rider at heart so not too aggressive, in saying that they cop a fair hiding. I really rate stans rims they are great to build. I think the secret to 355's is the initial build, be critical in truing them and after a break in loosen them and retrue again. If...
  4. P

The 29er thread.

355's I've had 355's built on Aireal Xc hubs with super comps for 3 years now on my 29er hardtail and after heaps of club races, a scott or two, 3 flings and a very angry doctor and no problems. So much so I built up an identical set(nice red hubs) for my RIP Niner and so far.........stil no...
  5. P

SCUM 4 hr Enduro (and upcomming 6 hr Enduro)

19 of July as word has it!
  6. P

Jucy Seven Pads ripoff

Brake pads in the bike industry are a Complete rip off Profit margins from manu to end user are often 500 - 600 % Go the discos
  7. P

The 29er thread.

I run 355's on two bikes tubeless and they are excellent, havent had a problem. I'm around 80kg and run them on both rigid and FS bikes. I've seen the yank blabber on some forums about them being soft but I cant fault them.
  8. P

26 vs 29er

Well said.....lol....lol and they don't come in camo....!!!!
  9. P

The 29er thread.

I've seen 3 different Niner frames up close now including my RIP and have to say they are immaculate, the build quality is excellent. The whole cracked rockers thing with the Jet9 is well and truely fixed and I'm with you about the rear end flex comments. I'm having a ride on one in the new...
  10. P

26 vs 29er

29ers Ride one for longer than 20 minutes and you'll see that they are as good as any other bike. Be wary of the na sayers when their arguments are based on rumour. I own both ( and a 96er) and still ride all but the 29 inch tyres are wearing out the fastest. Grip, stability at speed and...
  11. P

The 29er thread.

And for $429 QR or $468 20mm delivered its hard to go past........... then try to justify the fox for a gorilla:D I'm thinking ear plugs and a new hubset with the spare 5 hunge
  12. P

The 29er thread.

To Fox or not to Fox....... Hey Guys I'm interested in some feedback on the Fox F29 RLC (120mm if possible) I'm currently running 08 Rebas at 115mm on my RIP9 and they are a great fork if not slightly flexi, but plushness and adjustability are great. I've got a hard tail that will inherit...
  13. P

The 29er thread.

thats a nice ride and only the second full susser 29er to go round that track:) How does the fork handle? its my choice to upgrade my reba
  14. P

The 29er thread.

What about the Downs? How does it decend? I didn't notice this on the Dually at all, but the hardtail tends to "swoop" a little Cheers Pete
  15. P

The 29er thread.

or your just 1 purchase away from coming to your senses......