Recent content by Nautonier

1. Nautonier

VIC WTB: Sram XX1/X01/GX Eagle derailleur

I spent a lot of time attempting to straighten the mech and really wish that I'd left it on the bike beforehand, with the cable tension exactly where it should be. Attempting to adjust cable tension while correcting for the bend in mech was a nightmare. I quickly found that I could get the...
  2. Nautonier

I'll definitely be buying one from MTB Direct unless I can get a GX for less than $175 or XX1/X01 for $200.
  3. Nautonier

I'd never go to 10 - 12Nm on those things. I most likely will have a spare unless, in some exceptionally fortunate circumstances, I can bend the damn thing back to exactly where it was. I'll post the results when I've had a crack at it.
  4. Nautonier

That's a bit of a reach (the protruding more bit), anyways it was a stick getting caught up, not anything to do with a strike. Could have happened to anyone running anything. In the 6+ years I've been running Sram this is the first time I've bent a mech. Good to see you've taken on the...
  5. Nautonier

How do I tell if it's my hanger or derailleur that's bent?

I would have thought the frame would be protected better if the hanger bent when force was applied to the mech. The stronger the hanger the more force is applied to the frame.
  6. Nautonier

I'll definitely try and straighten it by hand, but I'm wondering how to do this without bending what may well be a perfectly straight hanger. I guess the cage bent before the hanger initially, so hopefully the same thing happens when I crank on it. Umm, hang on, why didn't the hanger bend and...
  7. Nautonier

Hope Tech3 V4s - how are they better than Sram?

You're spot on regarding the more linear nature, which takes a bit of getting used to. I've reduced the BPC setting to the absolute minimum amount of lever throw and now have the levers wound out to a point where they also come within a hair of hitting the finger. With these settings, my levers...
  8. Nautonier

$500 and it's a deal.
  9. Nautonier

I can get a new one for $150, but it would take a while to be shipped from Taiwan. The group set I have currently was purchased from one of the many people who buy a new bike with Eagle and strip it immediately to run Shitmano.
  10. Nautonier

Item: Sram XX1/X01/GX Eagle derailleur Location: Melbs Price range/Willing to Pay: up to $200 Extra Info: need asap
  11. Nautonier

Brilliant idea! Off to do that now. # Edit: Yep, derailleur is totally rooted. Spare Eagle derailleur for sale anyone?
  12. Nautonier

Taking this approach, it appears the body may well be twisted (refer pics) Angle definitely changes as it moves through the range. Well, that was an expensive exercise! Got all of 100km out of it. Glad I went GX and paid less for the entire group set than an XX1 derailleur.
  13. Nautonier

What is a good wheel set for a 29er mainly doing downhill.

Light Bicycle carbon 35mm width with Hope hubs
  14. Nautonier

Sticky Guide RSC levers

There's an entire thread on this issue. It's a manufacturing defect that will be replaced under warranty, so head to your nearest lbs, preferably the one where you purchased you bike or brakes and they'll replace them.
  15. Nautonier

Such a simple idea for a really effective tool. I reckon MacGyver could make an appearance here. Won't help with a bent mech cage though.