Recent content by mcstackin

1. mcstackin

iRide MTB Park Apollo Bay

Are we still meeting in town ?
  2. mcstackin

2nd hand DH bike help

Ive got an 08 glory and its a bloody ripper . It is getting on a bit now but I look after it and I haven't had any probs with the frame and I don't go out every w/end flogging the ring out of it either. Depending on what you want to do, its been a solid bike with a few up grades ( bars, brakes...
  3. mcstackin

Sounds good for jan hopefully. Got a few people who are keen to give mtbiking a try and cant think of a better spot. Have a nice Christmas and a good new year , see you soon .
  4. mcstackin

Need a new bike .

To all out there ,thanks for the input . We just picked up a NORCO storm forma 7.1 in 27.5 inch . Its a good looking bike and fits really well with a good colour paint job (very important). We picked it up from the ANGRY BUTCHER bike shop in Sunbury as they have really looked after me and our...
  5. mcstackin

arhhhhhhhhhhhyeahhhhhhh im hangin to get down for a ride . Better start getting ready and lose the winter ballast.
  6. mcstackin

Freddo frogs ??????

Holly Molly , what a response . I did not expect that but anyway ,I was talking about the frogs in the share packs and they have definitely got smaller . They are now 15grams when they used to be 20 and that's the milky tops , I now know this because we weighed them . And as silent but deadly...
  7. mcstackin

DH trails, Melbourne

Kinglake is a must . Mate if you go up to kinglake (just under the power lines ) you will find a great track that's well worth a ride , although a shuttle is very handy if you can organise one other wise its a long walk up , about 2.5 ks or just do the top section .
  8. mcstackin

Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Its gotta be MY WIFES BITTER , great taste and even better name .
  9. mcstackin

Freddo frogs ??????

What the hell happened to the size of the once great freddo frog ???? I raided the kids chocky bin and found the freddo frog has gone on a huge weight loss program and are now ,nearly half the size they once were. This is a major tragedy to all who love the humble (and also very tasty ) frog as...
  10. mcstackin

Need a new bike .

ok thanks for that but she's not to fussed on 29ers and like you said the look is all important . Cheers for the info anyway .
  11. mcstackin

Need a new bike .

yeah what ever ..............thanks anyway she'll keep lookin about ,something will come up (maybe an Aurum) eventually .
  12. mcstackin

Need a new bike .

Hi to everyone out there , i'm looking at getting my wife a new bike ( just the sort of bloke I am) and need a few ideas on what people reckon . She does like the Norco storm 6.1 and the Giant talon 2 both 2012 models and wants to spend around $600 and doesn't want a giant glory for some strange...
  13. mcstackin

Neck brace ?

OK thanks to everyone about what they reckon and all the info on what I should check out as its been a big help. I reckon ill get one fairly soon now that the weather is getting better (I know no excuse) and I can do a bit more riding . Thanks again to all . RIDE ON .
  14. mcstackin

DH for oldies..

Hey this sounds like a bit of fun as i'm getting old as well, (so my kids tell me) 43 and still loving the downhill . I don't get to ride a lot but wouldn't mind joining up with you mob if that's ok sometimes. I'm up KILMORE way but ride at a few different spots ,Kinglake, Maldon, Mt Buller...
  15. mcstackin

Neck brace ?

After riding downhill for a while now (not very fast ) I think I need to get a neck brace of sorts . I've got a 661 comp helmet and some old fox armour and just wondering what sort of brace will go with it . I don't do any races ,as I think im too old and slow for that shit, and only ride...