Recent content by Gerokit

1. G

Oval Chainring

Fitted an oval chainring to XT crank and had horrible clunk, clunk on the flat increasing speed then freewheel, clunk as I started pedalling again. It was like riding with teeth missing off one of the sprockets on the cassette. I tried upshifting, but same clunk once i got up to speed. Anyone...
  2. G

Laparre FS NZ

spotted this in Queenstown, engineering masterpiece
  3. G

NSW Found Fat bike tyres, worn or cheap

Do you find any difference in steering with a different tread pattern? I'm wondering if I should change tyres to overcome serious tracking with my current tyres.
  4. G

Angerrrr rising......Scottt sssmmmmash!!!!

Houston we have a problem! Looks like a forklift has run over my bike box with a carbon frame inside, and managed to crush the headtube. Contacted packnsend in Oct last year and they have yet to sort out insurance claim. Not impressed
  5. G

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Forks turned up from Bens Cycles, 160 Manitou Mattoc. Let the fun begin
  6. G

Hope Pro 4 Hubs

Oddjob, your on the money. The outer freehub bearing on my other wheels is the first bearing to wear out because of the dirt, water and chain lube getting into the free hub. DT hubs have the bearing covered. I will make sure I check these in future.
  7. G

Hope Pro 4 Hubs

Anyone know if the Hope Pro 4 rear hubs have a seal above the free hub outer bearing? just fitting the cassette and noticed I can see the outer bearing. Most of my other hubs have a cap or seal that sits above the outer bearing.
  8. G

New flats for the Carbine 29er
  9. G

Xpedo flats Another hot 39 today so put on new Xpedo flats and went for an early ride. Still not convinced flats are what I should be using as they just dont feel the grip of clipless. Might also be my skate shoes are too hard on the soles for the pins to engage
  10. G

Just arrived in Adelaide and need to get on the trails

Jeez, all the guy asked for is someone to go for a ride with and Adelaide gets a bagging! Take it easy I'm sure you've got enough to winge about in your own town. What's with the boggan bashing? Someone in a flano sleep with your mum? Crow town is a not a rat race like the eastern states, enjoy...
  11. G

Christmas present ideas for the significant other

Say no to Christmas seen this and it has to be the best way to show how much I enjoy Christmas
  12. G

Poor finacial decision mean I'm building a Focus Sam

Now it's time to leave your room... Get it outside and take some photos in the daylight. Did your LBS put the headset in or you? Any special tools to put them in?
  13. G

2016 Transition Scout

Slider Phil, the top end of the build looks like it's a AM/DH rig with 35mm bars & stem, solid frame etc, then the wheels go all XC with big rubber?? Suspicion confirmed, bargain buy on wheels but wider carbons on the wish list.
  14. G

2016 Transition Scout

great build, just did a rough tally of all the parts inc frame looks like a $6k build, am I close?? With the bars and stem @35mm I thought the wheels would have been 35mm not 23mm Hopes. Why go 35mm bars and stem?
  15. G

29er Fork for Banshee Paradox....

599euro =$894Aus. how do you get $750ish landed?