Recent content by frank_n

1. frank_n

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Just completing a 2:5hr ride in the Adelaide hills. From Glenside - Mt Lofty - Mitcham, mostly off-road. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. frank_n

Snakes already........ Bugger Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. frank_n

Post your 29er!

Sweet looking and I bet it rides great Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. frank_n

The Rotorua Questions Thread

You do not need a vehicle if all you plan to do is ride the forest ) (5min ride from park) and go to Skyline park(~40min ride). You can easily ride to Rotorua town to eat/drink/be merry(15min). It is also only a NZD taxi ride each way. There is a supermarket within walking distance and a couple...
  5. frank_n

All Mountain Tyres

All tyres weep Stan's. Even Schwalbe Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. frank_n

Nothing with my bike but I have one of these for the weekend! Impressively smooth I must say and climbs very well. Just a tad over 12kg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. frank_n

Skyline is fun although some of the tracks are slippery as when it is damp Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. frank_n

Who is the rental company, Rent-a-dent, James Blond ? They might be more lenient. Check your rental details - probably says something about return conditions Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. frank_n

If by extra baggage for free you mean you can take 2 checked-in bags then taking an Evoc bag is not an issue. The bike weighs ~14kg + 7kg + 2kg of spares/tools and you can put extras in 2nd checked bag. Tools : Set of useful Allen keys , 1 multi-tool, shock pump, mini-pump, torx keys...
  10. frank_n

Your favourite all mountain bike and why!

Defcon is providing support for YT in Oz. talked to Stuart at Crankworkx. Also wait and see what the YT Jeffsy is 7th April.
  11. frank_n

Little Things You Hate

Deafness happens as you get older, perhaps their hearing aids were low on power? Anyway their annoying you was probably a small example of how many people get annoyed at idiots with their iPods / iPhones with headphones/buds turned way up!
  12. frank_n

Fox Creek, Cuddlee Creek SA. Not as many riders out as I expected. Beer time
  13. frank_n

What do you have on your toast?

what no Vegemite? Baked Beans Egg Mushrooms Sardines
  14. frank_n

Little Things You Hate

In SA in summer the amount of dust and crap all over the bike after a single <2hr bike ride. I needed to clean bike more than I did after days of riding in NZ.
  15. frank_n

Hi Fi Junkies: Come out of the closet

I enjoy both, music and a good system to hear it. I also listen a lot to live music and also on the radio/in car so I am not hung up on the delivery.