Recent content by Flow-Rider

1. Flow-Rider

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

I can't recall them being stubborn, maybe I don't want to remember :D. Some of them we used to drop the whole crossmember with the engine and gearbox onto the ground. Some engines are just tight on the locating dowels, 4wd drives that get driven in salt water can be a fight to get off.
  2. Flow-Rider

I'd say over a 20 year period of working in non-dealship workshops, Ford 6cylinder wins hands down for blowing head gaskets, followed by the 3 series BMW then maybe Subaru. I've got 2 x EJ25's non turboed and turboed 13 years old and I haven't the touched the motors other than servicing.
  3. Flow-Rider

The 6 cylinder engines are usually pretty good, there's always suspicion around those cylinder head failures because how do you know the quality of the head studs or the cylinder heads were even done up correctly in the first the place.
  4. Flow-Rider

If it's been looked after you shouldn't have many issues, I would service the cooling system and use genuine coolant, 9 times out of 10 it's dipshits cooking them that causes the problems. I worked in a shop that done mechanical work for an engine machinist, and I'd only seen a couple of cars...
  5. Flow-Rider

Newly Released Bikes General

I'd say you could get them a little cheaper, most likely put that price tag on there to stop the time wasters. He was doing it as a side job but I'm uncertain if that has changed now.
  6. Flow-Rider

You laugh you lose

Someone called him a grub, I guessed he might be a doper but have no idea.
  7. Flow-Rider

Dealing with injury risk

I usually wear mine all the time but it has been rather hot here, and I paid the price.
  8. Flow-Rider

Dealing with injury risk

I thought it was part of life, riding a bike in England, almost progression to getting a licence for a car.
  9. Flow-Rider

Dealing with injury risk

Most people in their youth are pretty active, no motorised transport, plenty of time to play social sports but all that changes when you're older. I used to do 50~100 push-ups without even thinking when I was a teen, I'd be in trouble if I could do more than 20 these days.
  10. Flow-Rider

You laugh you lose

Is he a suspected doper, I haven't followed road for a while?
  11. Flow-Rider

Dealing with injury risk

The thing that scares me with high speed impacts is that your head swings like a pendulum and hits hard. Life works in reverse sometimes, they tell you to exercise and stretch when you're young and healthy at school, but you should be doing it more often when you're older.
  12. Flow-Rider

Dealing with injury risk

I say alian for sure. I jinxed myself because this happened pushing my bike down some rocks today.
  13. Flow-Rider

You laugh you lose

14. Flow-Rider

Dealing with injury risk

How does this guy not take skin off his elbows or back ?
  15. Flow-Rider

Newly Released Bikes General

Yeah, he's been around for a while, interesting to see how it rides with those numbers. He's letting people ride it as a demo, I might give it a try.