Recent content by damienp86

1. D

Direct mount chainguides

hey mate check out MRP and E13 websites pretty sure they are making a couple of direct mount chain guide, but only the top part of the guide without the roller on the bottom!
  2. D

What dual ring/chain tensioner setup

as said two replies above (r.ayes1), there is nothing to run for a dual ring at all on the market! i'm currently making a set up for a 1 x 9 on my reign 1 and should hopefully have it up and running soon! Its the only negative on this bike other than that i reckon its a great bike! MRP and...
  3. D

XC In Canada

hey mate, cant go too wrong in canada for XC, there are some of the places i can think off the top of my head. Firstly from Calgary there is Banff/ Canmore where they are trails. Then onto Golden & Kicking Horse Mountain Resort which has both XC as well as some DH. Revelstoke supposedly has...
  4. D

Train accessible tracks

From southern cross you can hit up macedon, woodend & castlemaine. All have awesome tracks which i have been riding within the last month. Little wet on the weekend in woodend, but castlemaine would be a bit drier than woodend. good luck
  5. D

Bike for Whistler and Kelowna

there are a hell of a lot of cheaper bikes around whistler as the local dealers are always trying to sell last years gear and at a good price. While you are also in Kelowna too make sure you check out the DH at Vernon's mountain Silverstar. Heard from a few locals when i was there last year it...
  6. D

Reign 2 weight?

i have a 2011 reign 1 and i love it!! can't find a real fault in it and it only climbs as hard as the rider is willing to go!! so if you can keep on going, it aint going to stop:)
  7. D

Drive train change

just been looking online and found the MRP G2 SL chain guide comes in BB mount and ISCG - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=61118 from reading the features im sure i wouldnt need the adapter correct me if im wrong
  8. D

Drive train change

no it doesnt have the mounts for the guides, but im sure there is a way of getting around it, im going to go down the local bike shop over the weekend and no doubt he would be able to point me in the right direction
  9. D

Drive train change

so in other words cant be done!! It does have a shimano BB71 press fit bottom bracket. wasnt too worried about the short cage but the chain guide was the main question. Thanks heaps
  10. D

Drive train change

hey guys, currently riding a stock 2011 Giant Riegn 1 and im looking at changing from a 3 ring setup to a single ring with chain guide since i rarely leave the middle ring, my main question is would i need to 1. get a shorter chain? and 2. change my rear derailuer to a short cage instead of a...
  11. D

The "holy f*#k that's a long way to ride a bike" bike packing thread.

good luck mate sounds like a ripper of a trip!! Make sure you head in to Jasper AB, about 3 hours north of Banff! Its beautiful and all the locals are grea. The road between Jasper and Banff is anything but easy but you will be fine there are heaps of hostels along the way. Enjoy it Damien
  12. D

Which Bike to Buy?

good buy, i picked up one of those about 5 weeks ago and im loving it!! Wicked bang for your buck buy and has all the gear the more expensive bikes have!! Good luck with the arm getting better and enjoy your new machine:)
  13. D

New to the XC/AM thing!! Need some help

thanks for the input all, ended up with 2011 Giant Reign 1 and havent been out for a real ride yet but it have it all set up ready to go! Hoping for a ride middle of next week as im working all weekend!
  14. D

Are AM riders just washed up DHers?

isnt biking, no matter what style it is just supposed to be what you can afford and what you want to do!! Yes we would all love 12 bikes for all different things but a bike that can do it all is awesome!
  15. D

New to the XC/AM thing!! Need some help

yeah breaking the budget would be an option but dont think too much more! maybe 3K, i dont owe a car back home or anything so that would be enough to stretch. By looking over the site giants are a popular choice or transport around the place. Havent seen to many over here but must be a good bang...