XC In Canada

NCR

Likes Bikes
I'm lucky enough to be heading over to canada for a holiday shortly. Part of our plan is to road trip from Calgary to Vancouver taking in the sights along the way.

I'm interested in checking out some trails, XC rides or things similar. Not looking for Downhill as the GF is just beginning in Mountain Biking and I've already taken her on the Oaks Fire Trail in the Blue Mountains where she promptly fell off and broke her collar bone!

Anyway, she's ready to get back on the bike so to speak so I guess I'm after any advice or experience on places where there are some nice trails with bike hire available between Calgary and Vancouver.

Thanks.

hey mate,

cant go too wrong in canada for XC, there are some of the places i can think off the top of my head.
Firstly from Calgary there is Banff/ Canmore where they are trails. Then onto Golden & Kicking Horse Mountain Resort which has both XC as well as some DH. Revelstoke supposedly has some but i havent been there but im sure you will be fine. But from the Selkirk Mountains to Vancouver unless you head down to Vernon/ Kelowna and the Okanagan area which there are all types of trails, im not to sure along the trans canada highway.

Another good place for some rides if you are heading there is Jasper just north of Banff. I lived there for a couple years and the riding is really good. as for hiring of bikes there are a heap of bike shops, most towns have atleast one good shop.

Check out the Parks Canada webpage and im sure they can give you more details on some rides.

Hope this helps a bit...

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Become a member on nsmb.com its the (primarily Vancouver focussed, but there are people from all over Canada) Canadian Rotorburn. The will be able to point you in the correct direction.

T-Rex

Template denier
Stanley Park in Vancouver is a nice little area to ride around and easy for a beginner. Even Mrs T-Rex, a non rider, has enjoyed riding there.