Recent content by Christian

1. C

Velodrome/ Track near Sydney's North Shore

DHBC trains both Monday and Wednesday nights from 6.30pm. The track isn't really available till 7pm on Wednesdays due to the juniors. Just rock on down and chat to one of us if you want to know more.
  2. C

Little Things You Hate

People that commute in the drops on a road bike, up a hill slowly mind you. I guess I don't really hate it, but why? I spend more time on bikes with drop bars then I do with flat bars and I only use the drops when you're going fast, racing or riding into a horrible head wind.
  3. C

LOST Lezyne pump at Manly Dam 27/1/11

Lost my Lezyne pressure drive pump at Manly dam at around 5pm on Thursday the 27th Jan somewhere out on the track. Pump is silver with black ends. Has a piece of tube taped to it. Not expecting to get this one back but its worth a shot. PM me if you found it.
  4. C

What do you guys use to protect New Cranks from Shoe Rub

I care, but only on my new bike as it has carbon cranks and its not going to be long till I wear through the clear coat then start wearing down the carbon. I've invested in some crankskins this morning. Now I just hope I don't wear them down to much before they arrive.
  5. C

Gearing for 29" Commuter?

That would be correct.
  6. C

The last movie you've last watched last

I'll have to agree with Broken Bones89 on Skyline and Predators, waste of bandwidth. I thought Legion wasn't too bad. Repo Men - Based on Eric Garcia's book "The Repossession Mambo", not too bad, maybe better if you haven't read the book first. As per usual, the book was better. Megamind...
  7. C

Gearing for 29" Commuter?

The whole chainwrap thing can be a problem if you are using a chain tension device on a frame with vertical dropouts. I had this problem using a 11t cog, fixed it by making the chain shorter so the tension device was at its limit and more chain was wrapped around the cog. If the bike has...
  8. C

The Race Thread.

I pretty much stopped riding mountain bikes when I started track 3.5 years ago. Started back on the mountain bike again about a year after stopping. As mentioned track is great fun, you'd think the training would get a bit boring but it doesn't, we ride madisons at training and that always...
  9. C

Derailer help

That screw is the B tension adjust. Its hard to see in the pictures but is it no longer sitting on the little flat spot on the hanger? The screw is adjusted to the top pulley on the RD has a small gap to the cassette when you are in the largest rear cog. If this screw isn't sitting on the...
  10. C

DHX RC4 disaster

I had in issue with a shock I brought in from OS, it was an RP23 that leaked oil out of the rebound knob. It was a week old and the company I got it off agreed to reimburse the cost of getting it repaired. To my surprise Sola, who is the Fox importer fixed it under warranty. This may be the...
  11. C

cutting steerer tubes

I use MARKL's method, and I always measure at least twice. You need to make it a little shorter then you measure as it needs to be recessed so the top cap fits properly. If you don't have a pipe cutter you can use an old stem and a hacksaw, that's what I do.
  12. C

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

This would depend on where the hole ends up and how long the tyre has had to settle before the hole appears. As Nitrogen has a density of 1.251 g/l and oxygen 1.429g/l the oxygen will end up at the bottom, given enough time and no motion, so the hole would have to be at the bottom. But I'm...
  13. C

Saddle rail - help

The one I got back in wasn't a carbon shell. They get them in some how when they make them, maybe they flex the rails and the shell. I wonder what they do when you have carbon rails and shell.
  14. C

Saddle rail - help

I once got one back in, but the saddle wasn't quite straight afterwards. It involved flexing the top shell enough to push the rail back in. We put the saddle in a vice and lent on it really hard. If you are going to chuck the saddle anyway then its worth a try.
  15. C

Cube bikes - your thoughts?

I just managed to bring a Cube AMS HPC R1 into the country and I didn't get hit with import duty. I could have used the DHL shipping but went with the more expensive Parcel Force (about $60 more) because it had a much better chance of just getting through. When its shipped with a courier you...