Recent content by cha_cha_

1. cha_cha_

Mont 24 advice

5006 is worth a look.
  2. cha_cha_

NSW Sold

What do they weigh?
  3. cha_cha_

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

I recently got a pair of Gloworm XS lights. 2200Lm each at full gas, decent battery life, smart mounts and good construction. i'd need a couple more batteries if i wanted to do a solo 24 but that's never going to happen. as it is, they will do a team of 4 24hr at 50-70% without trouble. they run...
  4. cha_cha_

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

paramount in sydney have been doing them on and off for a while now. i don't think it's a permanent fixture on the menu, more of a special occasions kind of deal. i haven't tried them, but i mean i wasted 25 years of my life enjoying coke so there might be something to it...
  5. cha_cha_

3 x Convict 50 tix

are you sure?
  6. cha_cha_

Mont 24 advice

from facebook
  7. cha_cha_

Mont 24 advice

irrelevant question is irrelevant
  8. cha_cha_

Convict 100 on 3 weeks training

pretty much this. if alchemist can do it on a fixie with 7-million flats and still make the time cut, you're probably fine. endurance wise, if a 100km road ride is not completely putting you to the sword then you can step up and handle the distance. there are 2 climbs, the first you will walk...
  9. cha_cha_

Mont 24 advice

T & Cs on the website say that the refund policy is no refunds. As awesome as it would be for self propelled to come through with a refund or a re-run, I wouldn't be holding your breath.
  10. cha_cha_

Mont 24 advice

So based on these conditions, I'm assuming the cyclocross is going ahead as planned?
  11. cha_cha_

Mont 24 advice

Looks like the first rain front slipped safely by to the south...
  12. cha_cha_

What saddle do you swear by?

had a back op earlier this year. as part of the comeback i've changed a lot of things to do with fit, one of which was moving to an SMP evolution on the roadie. now when i get on my phenom on the mtb it feels pretty average. unfortunately, i fear i've opened the flood gates to having to buy $300...
  13. cha_cha_

Old Aussie actor, who is it?

op has not delivered.
  14. cha_cha_

Was anyone riding at Mt Cootha this morning?

waterbars. seems like every enduro i race, someone gets choppered out with a broken collarbone or something from casing a waterbar at speed. wouldn't take much to fall the wrong way and do serious damage :\ sad to hear...
  15. cha_cha_

Is this PF30 (and not BB30)?

99.9% it's a PF30 bb, not a BB30 bb. you need the different adaptor unfortunately. alternatively, i'm a big fan of not using adaptors in bottom brackets. what crankset are you running? would selling it, replacing it and not buying an adaptor be a better solution in the long run?