Mont 24 advice

ido09s

Likes Dirt
I might not have made myself clear.

*if* it was the case that refunding/crediting more would sink the company, then personally I would want them to keep my money.

$180 is not a small amount of money for me but I like to see a large variety of event promoters and options on offer.
Had i been an entrant I too would be willing to leave something behind, but in this case that hasnt been the option and i think a lot of people now would sooner sink them than help them out. The damage is done

wombat

Lives in a hole
apples and oranges.
a product can be re-sold, a service cannot.
No, no it's really not.

I'll repeat an earlier analogy:
Customer wants bike, gives shop money up front, bike gets ordered, delivered, assembled, then the shop gets robbed one night before the customer comes in; no more bike.

Shop has taken the customer's money, but can't provide the product through no fault of their own. Do you honestly think that the customer would just cop it on the chin and go "well shit, that sucks, but the shop sponsors some local events and provide a good service, so I guess I'll just write the money off and give the shop some more to order another bike". Hell no!
The shop are responsible, no matter how many signs they have on the wall reading "we will not give refunds for property stolen from our shop".

And as per your previous post, how exactly can they resell the product? They don't have it. Again, not their fault, they took all reasonable precautions and had locks and bars and alarm and all that shit, but you know there's always a more motivated crim out there.

The shop are left holding the baby, and they're either a bunch of cash out of pocket, or they're prepared, and have covered themselves against this sort of situation by taking out appropriate insurance. That's just good business management.

yes there is.

i have charged clients and supplied them nothing. my time and costs have been invested in a service i provide, after which has been not required. it cant then be reused or refunded.
And that I just honestly can't believe. If I took full payment (not a deposit mind you, but FULL payment) up front for a contract, and then got injured and couldn't deliver it by a deadline, there is no fucking way I'd ring the client and go "sorry guys, I know you needed this stuff for a big presentation next week, but unfortunately I'm out of action for a bit. I'm not going to give you your money back, but I can offer you a 30% discount on the next job you book with me...except I can't do anything else for you for 5 months."

Doesn't matter how much time I've invested, it's my job to make sure my arse is covered with income/non-performance insurance, or take the risk and just suck up the cost if something happens.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Self propelled has posted on Facebook

Not many seem to have noticed while arguing on the Internet, but Alan says they are a little shocked at the response generally and to watch thus space

Minlak

custom titis
Unbiased view and no vested interest and making an observation.

Is it just me or does SPE's responses seem to rest solely with public opinion? If more people had gone sweet 30% off they wouldn't be making another statement. I am also going to venture it will be less than a full refund based on the feeling they are still trying keep as much money as possible. I have said it 3times now and time to flog a dead horse full refund of full financial disclosure. I think some would be shocked to find how little the promoter actually spent on the event and sponsorship and naming rights will cover a fair chunk.

The problem with changing the offer is that the more pressure applied the better the offer gets. Therefore like pavlovs dog more pressure will be applied again expecting a better result. I have no doubt several hundred probably at least 1000 people contacted Fair Trading and or the ACCC and I suspect even others would have already had solicitors send emails of demand.

Once again I am just an interested bystander the way companies and people react especially on the internet fascinates me.

Unbiased view and no vested interest and making an observation.

Is it just me or does SPE's responses seem to rest solely with public opinion? If more people had gone sweet 30% off they wouldn't be making another statement. I am also going to venture it will be less than a full refund based on the feeling they are still trying keep as much money as possible. I have said it 3times now and time to flog a dead horse full refund of full financial disclosure. I think some would be shocked to find how much the promoter actually spent on the event and sponsorship and naming rights will cover a small chunk.

The problem with changing the offer is that the more pressure applied the better the offer gets. Therefore like pavlovs dog more pressure will be applied again expecting a better result. I have no doubt several probably at least 10 people contacted Fair Trading and or the ACCC and I suspect no others would have had solicitors send emails of demand.

Once again I am just an interested bystander the way companies and people react especially on the internet fascinates me.

Had to fix a few typos for you, must be hard to type with your @rse

ninjananna

Likes Dirt
I paid my money, Im disappointed, but I read the conditions and knew what I was signing up for and that I would wear the cost if it was cancelled.

I'll admit, Im a local, but I get to go ride those trails whenever I want, and I have never lifted a trail building shovel. The Kowalskis, Paul Cole and crew have created a wonderland out there. They can have my race fee and I'll give it to them with a smile.

Long live SPE!
+1 brother, my sentiments and position as well. Every last word of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnacles

Likes Bikes
I paid my money, Im disappointed, but I read the conditions and knew what I was signing up for and that I would wear the cost if it was cancelled.

I'll admit, Im a local, but I get to go ride those trails whenever I want, and I have never lifted a trail building shovel. The Kowalskis, Paul Cole and crew have created a wonderland out there. They can have my race fee and I'll give it to them with a smile.

Long live SPE!
Bang on man, bang fkn on. Kowalskis have put in so much hard work over the past year, $180 is the least I can do.

I'd buy T-shirts if they made them, too.

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
from facebook

Hi all. We understand people are upset at the cancellation of the event and our subsequent offer. This was not intended to offend and were have been shocked and concerned by the feedback received. We are determined to make good and will be in a position to make an announcement within 48 hours. Hopefully we can resolve the situation. Best regards. Alan

mapomatic

Likes Bikes
Bang on man, bang fkn on. Kowalskis have put in so much hard work over the past year, $180 is the least I can do.

I'd buy T-shirts if they made them, too.
^ this...

Except I want a "I entered the 2014 Mont and all I got was this shitty tshirt". I'm afraid the irony would be lost on some.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
^ this...

Except I want a "I entered the 2014 Mont and all I got was this shitty tshirt". I'm afraid the irony would be lost on some.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
You forgot ' ...but I'm OK because I displayed my petulance on Rotorburn'. Lost irony remains lost.