Recent content by blt2ride

1. blt2ride

Graves beats Bubba Harris

Big congratulations go out to Jared! That’s a huge accomplishment; Bubba Harris is a full-time BMXer who is very fast and very consistent.
  2. blt2ride

Happy New Year Everyone

Happy New year to everyone! Since I live in California, when I woke up on New Year’s Eve most of you were already in 2007. I spend the weekend out in Las Vegas riding Bootleg Canyon and doing some partying.
  3. blt2ride

Whats your plan for new years? Sunshine People?

I’m going to be in Las Vegas! I’m planning to ride Bootleg Canyon on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Of course, there will be some partying mixed in there, as well! I can’t wait…
  4. blt2ride

Honda mass production

It will be interesting to see what kind of components they will use for this bike. I wonder if Honda will use the Showa forks and rear shock that the G-Cross team uses. I spoke with one of the Honda reps at a NORBA National a couple of seasons ago, and I was led to believe that it would be...
  5. blt2ride

fork problem

I believe that Manitou will warranty their seals for 1-year; you shouldn't have to pay for the re-build. If you're in a position to buy a new/used fork, you would probably be a lot happier in the end. On the other hand, forks aren't cheap...
  6. blt2ride

07 Haro downhill bikes

The news from Haro, about a month ago, is that they are no longer making their downhill bikes. I’m not completely sure why that decision was made, but I heard that is was due to slow sales—that’s the e-speculation, anyway. In addition to their decision to discontinue their DH bike, I believe...
  7. blt2ride

riding in mud and rain

Smith makes a pretty good "tear-off" system. http://www.smithsport.com/Roll-Offs_25_421.html
  8. blt2ride

Headset probs

It sounds like it might be the star-nut. When you switched forks did you use the same one? You also might want to check the spacers. There are a lot of reasons why a headset would feel loose, and usually it's not the actual headset itself that causes the problems. I wouldn't buy a new...
  9. blt2ride

Clipping in for DH

To be honest, it really comes down to preference. For me, I like the feel of Shimano pedals more than any other brand. I tried a pair of Mallets on several runs, and couldn’t get used to them. I felt they had way too much float; I never felt comfortable jumping with them on my BMX bike or my...
  10. blt2ride

Oldest mad rider?

Two of the fastest racers I know are in their late 30s. When you see them riding with their full-face helmets and goggles you would think they were 18 years old. Don't forget there are several top pros who are getting up there in age: Steve Peat, Brian Lopes, and Eric Carter are all in their...
  11. blt2ride

National DH #2: Glenorchy TAS Results

I agree, it wouldn’t be right to start a rumor like this about someone. I think it would be best if you deleted or edited your post. Just my $.02…
  12. blt2ride

National DH #2: Glenorchy TAS Results

Did anyone notice how fast Tracey Hannah's time was? :eek: I can't wait to see her race a full-time international or NORBA season.
  13. blt2ride

Where to get dh wheelsets or hubs (150x12mm)

The Azonic Outlaw wheels are a great deal. I have always been a Mavic guy, but I recently built up a new DH bike and ended with an Outlaw in the rear. I wasn't planning on keeping it very long, but so far, I don't have any complaints. The only negative I have seen is that they are a bit...
  14. blt2ride

Are you anti American and why ????

Oh…the irony of your post! Do you really feel that you have the right to prejudge an entire country?