07 Haro downhill bikes

gibbo4

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey everyone.

I've been looking at a new bike recently and just in time for the 07 stuff.

I had a look on the Haro website and downloaded their 07 product catalogue and their two main downhill bikes are fair nice!

Just wondering what everyone thinks of them as downhill bikes and Haro as maker of a downhill bike?:

.357 Magnum: Click Here
.357 Nine: Click Here

Sorry about not having an specific specs.. Ive had a look around and I can only find the catalogue on Haro's website at the moment.

Thanks, Tim

PS> I wasnt sure whether to plonk this here or in the General MTB forum. Mods please feel free to move it :)

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
pretty sure we dont get them in this country, we didnt for 06 or the Werks collection, the top haro duallie is the x7 here i think/

gibbo4

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I wasnt too sure about that.. I'm hoping I can find somewhere that can get one in for me :)

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tracey used to love her Haro when she rode it, and it definitely wasn't anywhere near as good as those ones. In fact you could hear it clunking from a mile away... But in saying that now that she rides an Orange shes much happier ;)

I'd say if you can get one into the country, and they're as good as they look - go for it! You'd be on a pretty rare sexy pair of wheels...

I like them!

Last edited:

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Honestly?!?!?!?! You're deluded, every one of you. They look like some sort of ass-pogo k-mart machine. I had a Haro Werks once. It rode nicely, but thats because it essentially an M1. I wouldn't ride one of these new heaps. Spend your hard earned on something sexy and proven.

Dicky

Punter God
Honestly?!?!?!?! You're deluded, every one of you. They look like some sort of ass-pogo k-mart machine. I had a Haro Werks once. It rode nicely, but thats because it essentially an M1. I wouldn't ride one of these new heaps. Spend your hard earned on something sexy and proven.
Fair enough if they don't float your boat.

Just don't go mumbling things like 'proven', until you crawl out from under your rock and find out what the family von Hannah achieved, aboard very similar machinery...

Last edited:

S.

ex offender

Just don't go mumbling things like 'proven', until you crawl out from under your rock and find out what the family von Hannah achieved, aboard very similar machinery...
What's that, like qualifying first in the Willingen world cup?*

*Wait no that was done on an M3 cos Mick broke his Haro(s).

Plow King

Little bit.
I personally think that they look a hell of alot better than the previous years.

Not sure what it rides like? Looks like a flexier version of an orange.

gibbo4

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not as yet, sorry. I've emailed a few bike shops that stock Haro and seeing if they'd be able to get me some prices. Will keep updated :)

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Mick would have acheived the same result on almost any decent quality bike. My original argument still stands, they look like crap, and are likely to break, given Haro's previous record (and yes, as I mentioned, I have in fact owned two Haro bikes in the past, and have them fail

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd love it if a MTB mag ran a 'blind' trial of bikes (new season bikes minus branding) amongst riders so the frame and components would be tested, not the 'brand'. Does not look anything like a ass-pogo k-mart machine to me!

O.K., you have had bad experiences with Haro, but as you stated, you had a Werks that was essentially an M1. Did the Werks cost anything near as much as an M1?

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
O.K., you have had bad experiences with Haro, but as you stated, you had a Werks that was essentially an M1. Did the Werks cost anything near as much as an M1?
I'd hazzard a guess at saying yes. They weren't cheap (rrp) by a long way, anyway. Lets remember they were a 'boutique' bike back in the day. The M1's were prone to cracking as well, and since the Werks frame actually was built by Intense, we can excuse Haro on that front. But basically, Haro didn't have enough money/know how/skill to produce their own competitive DH bike a few years ago, so I (me personally) would be cautious in beleiving that they had got their act together since then.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well if Gibbo4 gets his hands on a .357 or Nine, we may all get to hear about the pro's and cons. I say get the prices and if competitive then give the Haro a place in your quiver.

I have an escape 8.3 h/t that now has aftermarket forks, stem, bars and hubs that has survived my 85 kgs and not so smooth style for 2.5 years. The frame is a pretty tough little bugger as I have demolished a back wheel/hub, bent a chainring and snapped the arch/bent the steerer tube on a pair of Psylo 20m axle forks and the frame is still true and uncracked. Yeah, it is not a DH bike but I've used it as a h/t downhiller.

Renegade

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For a fact I know most if not all of you will chose another bike over this bike so you all of ya are just trying to sound all grown up and mature but you know you wouldn't buy one maybe the guy who started this thread might but All the rest wouldn't so why pretend and argue for no reason. Drink beer

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
The news from Haro, about a month ago, is that they are no longer making their downhill bikes. I’m not completely sure why that decision was made, but I heard that is was due to slow sales—that’s the e-speculation, anyway. In addition to their decision to discontinue their DH bike, I believe they have also disbanded their gravity team.

Personally, I always liked the Haro DH bike. I saw Cody Warren win the U.S. Nationals by 8 seconds on that bike last season.

Last edited:

andytaylor

Likes Dirt
if ur going to get them get the top one with the new avid code which have this lever that falls off when ur brakes hit something to prevent the disc from bending. thought it was pretty cool but a pain in a a race.

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if ur going to get them get the top one with the new avid code which have this lever that falls off when ur brakes hit something to prevent the disc from bending. thought it was pretty cool but a pain in a a race.
That is definitely not a feature of the Code series.

I also fail to see how

lever that falls off when ur brakes hit something
would

prevent the disc from bending
The Juicy series has a lever that can pop out of the lever body in a crash, and indeed, this may be a feature of the Code series as well, but it in no way detatches the caliper from the mount, to stop the rotor bending, or something like that. Additionally, this feature is not a problem in a race (you're hardly going to win if you crash that heavily, but beside the point) as the lever merely snaps back into position with a tug.

Last edited: