What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Nah, i change them it will be for a low engagement hub. I already get some occasional suspension kickback through the pedals on the Orange with whatever no name hubs are in it now...
Low engagement can still kick if they're near the engagement point. It just makes it either low probability or unpredictable depending on your point of view. If you don't already have Pro 4's for interchangeability, I'd keep the Pro 5's.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
after a bit of playing around, going to do the superglue/graphite/sodium bicarb trick... seems to set well and quite hard
I did nail polish a couple of times, wore off in couple of months, have since ridden the bike 2500 odd km with no issues, just smooth it off with very fine wet and dry (which I did when doing the nail polish) and keep riding. Unless you are filling in proper gouges in the metal (your looks like just the coating taken off) I think there's very little point bothering.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Low engagement can still kick if they're near the engagement point. It just makes it either low probability or unpredictable depending on your point of view. If you don't already have Pro 4's for interchangeability, I'd keep the Pro 5's.
Makes sense. Anyway, wont get around to lacing them into the wheels for a while - will run the current hubs for the rest of the good riding weather and this can be a winter evening in front of the telly project.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What are the odds of it happening to me twice in a row (Yes it happened last time)? Pretty low me thinks
I tried the same, felt great at 800mm. Until the first tree clip!
Now back to 780. Doesn't seem like much until you ride a tight trail.