All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
Still a fan of the Cooma gold pads for the maguras. And run them with Ali-x Sram Centrline discs.
Just bought 4 sets of pads, and 2x180mm discs and 2x203mm discs for $68 shipped.
I like the gold Cooma pads was using them with bucklo discs but they don't like wet muddy conditions(well not in my experience) work good in the dry. Gotta becareful when washing the bike espically spraying the cassette with the hose in the direction of the rotor the gold pads contaminate real easy.

I got a good deal on Shimano rotors and pads (aliexpress) I think there better than Cooma.

jrewing

Eats Squid
I like the gold Cooma pads was using them with bucklo discs but they don't like wet muddy conditions(well not in my experience) work good in the dry. Gotta becareful when washing the bike espically spraying the cassette with the hose in the direction of the rotor the gold pads contaminate real easy.

I got a good deal on Shimano rotors and pads (aliexpress) I think there better than Cooma.
Haha i replaced all my shimano as they always glazed/contaminated. Havent used them in real wet conditions. But i dont really ride in wet much. Hardly wash the bike too as its just dusty. I air blow it clean.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Still a fan of the Cooma gold pads for the maguras. And run them with Ali-x Sram Centrline discs.
Just bought 4 sets of pads, and 2x180mm discs and 2x203mm discs for $68 shipped.
Going to give these a try. I still feel violated after paying ridiculous money for some Galfer pro pads and in all likelihood these are probably made in the same factory in the same machine who knows.
Even chit chat on MTBR about them. I particularly liked this comment.
IMG_0448.jpeg

jrewing

Eats Squid
Going to give these a try. I still feel violated after paying ridiculous money for some Galfer pro pads and in all likelihood these are probably made in the same factory in the same machine who knows.
Even chit chat on MTBR about them. I particularly liked this comment.
View attachment 406004
Youre right. Brake pads are so over-priced for what they are. Even discs prices have got out of hand.
That combo of cooma gold and centrelines handled a non-stop fast for me run, top to bottom at Maydena on black/double black all the way down. Im 86kg.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've got about 50 pairs of spare brake pads from Ali, can't remember what the brands are anymore. Most of them work alright, the ones I don't like I use on the commuter or throw them away.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Don’t panic, my last few orders have had a “customs issue” but end up being delivered.
I ordered 7 separate items on Boxing day, they all arrived Thursday and yesterday. 5 different packages, 4 items were captured in 2 bags, 3 singles.

All buffer pads and microfibre polishing cloths for the buffer the boys got me.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Bought an item and seller sent the wrong item. Asked if they could send the correct one and said ok but need to pay a $1. That’s a bit weird. Not bothered by the amount and offered to send the wrong one back but just got asked to pay a dollar?

Anyone else had this. Feels scammy but I may just be being over cautious.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Bought an item and seller sent the wrong item. Asked if they could send the correct one and said ok but need to pay a $1. That’s a bit weird. Not bothered by the amount and offered to send the wrong one back but just got asked to pay a dollar?

Dollar Dazzler

Flow-Rider

Burner

I'd initiate the refund process if you haven't already, the longer they drag it out the less chance you'll have of getting the right item.

Jpez

Down on the left!

I bought something from a reputable online seller a while ago and I had to get it warrantied. They didn’t want it back to but initiate sending out the new item they had to charge me a token amount because it was the way their system worked and would freak out if there wasn’t a charge and payment to be reconciled for the item.
so could be something like that.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Might just pay the $1 and see what happens. Can try to sell the wrong item to get my money back if it all goes belly up.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Well it seems I am terrible at picking my battles....

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! AU$54.39 | CRUZbike MTB Mountain Bike Crankset GXP Bicycle Crank 160mm/170mm/175mm Black Aluminum Alloy with Bottom Bracket

View attachment 406205
View attachment 406206

"Strength enough to support"

Thank goodness for that!

View attachment 406204
160mm?