Newly Released Bikes General

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I'm loving longer stays on my FS bikes, but did not find the same on my Waltly hardtails. The first one had 427mm stays and was heaps of fun (but a bit demanding to ride as you had to be concious of keeping weight on the front tyre), the last one had 444mm stays and while it was 'easier' to ride (less fussy about bodyweight positioning), it sometimes felt a little 'dead'/unresponsive because of it. I think the "directness" works well with the shorter stays on hardtails, the instantaneousness is easier to predict somehow.

Hard to describe the actual sensation - best I can do is say that with the long stays each impact felt like three seperate bumps. With short stays it felt like front wheel absorbed with the fork, then back-wheel bumped and pedals got jolted pretty much in time with the rear wheel. With the long stays it was like - front wheel bump/absorb, then slight pedal jolt as the fork rolls off the back of the obstacle and rebounds, and then the rear wheel hits and jolts the pedals again. A lot more subtle than that in practice obviously, and it wasn't hard to ride or anything like that - it was just a bit of a weird feel that I didn't enjoy compared to short CS hardtails. Maybe a flexier frame would hide it better, but the Waltlys were moderately firm (with a bit of springiness).

Basically those Paradoxes (V3's?) are freakishly good, you're not missing out on anything!
Yup. Took me awhile to get used to the timing difference on my bfemax, but it’s so damn fun in the corners I don’t care.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wish I could enjoy that part, she’s right in the hitting zone for my music taste, just something about her I can’t grasp
Just a very strange choice of tunes for a mtb thing I reckon. It’s a great vid

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Well holy moly. Wonder if they have sold any.

Some of those geo numbers just look weird (no not just the head angle). What's with the chainstay lengths? Reckon that'd feel pretty unbalanced and an understeering pita to corner.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some of those geo numbers just look weird (no not just the head angle). What's with the chainstay lengths? Reckon that'd feel pretty unbalanced and an understeering pita to corner.
Even in long, the rear centre is 32% of the wheelbase. That's frankly laughable and would require you to ride with real conscious effort on the front wheel to avoid understeer and washouts.

I wouldn't want to ride that unless paid to. And paid well.