Little Things You Hate

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Don't really want to start a whole thread for this and it is kinda something I hate so here will do.
FINA (The governing body for swimming) has made this ruling regarding transgender athletes -

View attachment 390469

So here I am thinking that will mean that males that have transitioned / are transitioning will not be able to compete unless it is in the new open events that don't exist yet - BUT NO!!! - What it seems to mean is that now 10-12yr olds will need to make the transition decision before they hit puberty - WTF is wrong with people - At 10 -12 yrs old I couldn't even decide to wear clean underwear each day let alone something like this,

View attachment 390470
Choosing to transition so you can win a swimming competition is stupid. In an Australian context you would fail the psyche assessments if that was your reason.

Personally I wonder why they can't use a simple blood test to establish sex? If you have a Y chromosome you need to compete as a man. It would avoid all the hand wringing over trisomy disorders and hormone levels etc etc.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Why is this such a big deal...? Its just bloody sport ffs, and has to be a vanishingly small number of people involved? Who the fuck really gives a shit beyond dickheads trying to stoke culture wars?

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
The only reason we have separate male and female event classes is because of the (generally) greater strength and endurance of the male body.
Looking at a recent DH race time the first female would have placed 60th in the male class.

This ruling seems sensible to me.
I believe female swiming would have less that 10% participation within 5 years if it was not addressed.

Obviously the pre-puberty transition option is about the biology and does not address the mental stress/decision making required at this age.

Last edited:

Haakon

The only reason we have separate male and female event classes is because of the (generally) greater strength and endurance of the male body.
Looking at a recent DH race time the first female would have placed 60th in the male class.

This ruling seems sensible to me.
I believe female swiming would have less that 10% participation within 5 years if it was not addressed.

Obviously the pre-puberty transition option is about the biology and does not address the mental stress/decision making required at this age.
again, its just sports ffs... who cares.

Haakon

If you are just coming on here to be a miserable prick in every thread you post... ...don't bother.
It’s not being a miserable prick, it’s a genuine question - why the fuck should we care? It’s a dumb thing to get revved up about…

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes, that is piss poor though I caught up with a mate at a junior soccer game ages ago and the fight in the crowd was superb. Especially the mums.
Went to an ice hockey game here and one player ended up on the opposition bench punching on. No idea how he ended up over the wall there.

But differnet to a 10 year old being granned from behind off the ball and fingers in the eyes. We did have a good photographer who caught a shot of it so cant be denied. will have to see what reporting channela come up with

Haakon

dont know anything about a megane, but were your only options to remove the ECU, unhook related wiring and coolant pipe or jack the car up, remove the wheel and wheel well liners just to get to the rear of the fitting?
Jack up, remove the whole front bumper and then remove the headlight assembly...