Confessions from the fuckwits

safreek

Turns out grease on the axle of the Mr T makes it slide in, shame about the thread being part rooted from the screwdriver. From a previous onfession

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Posting on behalf of the fuckwit that designed road bikes.

If you slackened off the head angle a bit and got that wheel out further in front, it would have landed on top of kerb and not into the face of it.

And if the bars didn’t have that stupid curly bit it wouldn’t have jammed itself tight on my thigh leaving me stuck and trapped under the bike with the rear wheel entangled in a shrub.

Fucking hopeless.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

If you slackened off the head angle a bit and got that wheel out further in front, it would have landed on top of kerb and not into the face of it.

And if the bars didn’t have that stupid curly bit it wouldn’t have jammed itself tight on my thigh leaving me stuck and trapped under the bike with the rear wheel entangled in a shrub.

Fucking hopeless.
You clearly need tighter lycra. That will resolve all the issues.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

Fucking hopeless.
I think the design is fine. It is a Road bike, not a Kerb bike.

Have a chat to the people at Walty. I'm sure they could fabricate a lovely Ti Kerb bike for you.

You could actually use flat bars with your new kerb bike. it might solve the shrub entrapment issue.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
So the 5mm spacer is on the 12mm shaft and has to either be cut off or you can unthread the shaft and slid it off but then it's a full bleed. 5mm spacer is metal one so cutting must be done very very carefully... Oh well will go short stroke till it needs a service.
Trying to recall my McLeod as I think it’s a similar setup. Sounds about right as you don’t want a spacer to floating around. Sounds like a plan. Only half a f-wit! ;)

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I think the design is fine. It is a Road bike, not a Kerb bike.

Have a chat to the people at Walty. I'm sure they could fabricate a lovely Ti Kerb bike for you.

You could actually use flat bars with your new kerb bike. it might solve the shrub entrapment issue.
Perfect. I’ve got a long history with kerbs so a dedicated bike for it makes a lot of sense.