Russia Vs. America; Here we go again kids!

Flow-Rider

Burner
This. Don't underestimate the level misinformation fed from a young age in Russia. My workplace has a Russian born and raised translator who is a lesbian. Not exactly Putin's favourite cohort of humanity let's just say. Yet up until recently when asked she was quite openly approving of Putin as a leader as she considered that he'd managed to restore Russia to relevance :rolleyes:
They're brainwashed, it's up to an 8-year jail sentence for an adult found protesting against war in Russia or 3 years for a juvenile, how many would talk out about it in public?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Those vehicles are Russian's trying to breach the entrance of the powerplant, which has already been shelled.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Livestream of powerplant, fire on right hand side of the stream:

Jesus, there's a lot going on in that video. What do you reckon the slow moving lights are when the video turned colour? Must've been attack helicopters surely? Seemed to be large-round gunfire strafing across the screen into the buildings on the right, then the fire kicks off. Armoured vehicles/tanks moving around on the ground. So bloody stupid/sad.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Ukrainian firefighters fired upon by Russian troops - you could see them bugging out in the live stream.

Reactors 2 and three have been successfully shutdown, as long as power remains fed into the plant and the inner and outer /chambers/vessels remain in tact and cooling can continue, things will be ok. If not, the result will be similar to Fukushima.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Ukrainian firefighters fired upon by Russian troops - you could see them bugging out in the live stream.

Reactors 2 and three have been successfully shutdown, as long as power remains fed into the plant and the inner and outer /chambers/vessels remain in tact and cooling can continue, things will be ok. If not, the result will be similar to Fukushima.
Wonder what the Russians resolve would look like after that

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Since when did we start removing people for having the wrong information or stating a contrary view? I'm conflicted about this. Does the question he asked reach the limits of our (informal) free speech rights in Australia?

Is responding to this sort of rhetoric worse than shutting it out? I'm genuinely on the fence. Making certain topics taboo has its own problems. But also, not all points of view are equally valid or deserve equal (or any) airtime.
Just rename the show ‘Q&A and a big SOOK then people will know what to expect.

Remember Whacky Zakky got to ask a question and everyone lost their sh1t post show. I don’t remember if he got asked to leave. The dude that threw the shoe at howard was a national hero in some peoples eyes. I think he was removed. In war time the truth goes to the winning side.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Just rename the show ‘Q&A and a big SOOK then people will know what to expect.

Remember Whacky Zakky got to ask a question and everyone lost their sh1t post show. I don’t remember if he got asked to leave. The dude that threw the shoe at howard was a national hero in some peoples eyes. I think he was removed. In war time the truth goes to the winning side.
So your saying we should allow people to lie and spread misinformation on Q&A. Fuck you're an idiot.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
i wonder if this attack on the reactor is russias "soft" nuclear option.

"it wasnt us! it was the ukrainians that didnt surrender! Theyre at fault youre all going to die a horrible death!"

PJO

in me vL comy
i wonder if this attack on the reactor is russias "soft" nuclear option.

"it wasnt us! it was the ukrainians that didnt surrender! Theyre at fault youre all going to die a horrible death!"
Has the potential to blow back into Russia, don't reckon that would be a palatable outcome.