What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I rode a good bunch of trails near there. Not much gravel, loam, rocks, steep, fast, a few jumps...in a lot of pines. Was one of the best days I had in WA.
Yeah there’s heaps of good stuff down here. I’ve ridden Margs before, really should again

moorey

call me Mia
Belated weekend post.

Raced Mt Baw Baw DH on the weekend with the kids.
Track is always rough, but was more blown out than ever…in a good way. 3-4 minute runs leave your upper body like jelly, with new rocks dislodged every run. Raced the ENR, and while a DH bike would have smoothed it out, it performed spectacularly in tough conditions.
Felix took both the Operator and Rail, felt faster on the Rail despite the conditions. (Testament to the capability of the Revel, hey @russthedog)
His mate then mashed hanger/derailleur on his old Glory, so we gave him the Operator for the weekend.
Wet weekend forecast, but only light rain Saturday, with slick sections, but no mud. Sunday was prime conditions, with clear skies. All slick spots completely dried up by end of practice. Quinn had a huge face plant scorpion into rocks on Jeep Track in last practice run. Was worried it would destroy her confidence, but I followed her down to the bottom, and she was riding beautifully.
Last practice run for Felix, dude stopped mid track in front of him. He shot off into the bushes, taco’d chainring, mangled chain and bent pedal. We ‘eased’ it all gently back into shape as best we could for seeding. Operator would have come in handy. D’oh.
Race time! Quinn laid down a blinder even though she said she rode conservatively. Won u15 girls with a time that put her second in elite. Elise Empey had a huuuuuge off, but would have destroyed the field in elite. Dislocated shoulder, concussion, but walked away. Awesome rider, tough cookie. Whole fam are great peeps and killer riders.
I had a great race run until the last 300m on the easiest part of course. Washed out on corner, lost all speed, but stayed on bike. Finished 5 of 6 in super masters. Only 10 second between first and last. No slouches in the old fellas class these days.
Felix dropped a chain early in race run (blame my poor attempt to get it able to run). Still took 3 seconds off his seeding run, and took 11th in u19’s.
All in all, a killer weekend in a track I love, but had left my body feeling like it went through a washing machine.

Caught up with @Staunch and saw @Duane walk by, but not race. Assume other burners were there racing, and hoping they weren’t one of the many carted away in an ambulance.

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Belated weekend post.

Raced Mt Baw Baw DH on the weekend with the kids.
Track is always rough, but was more blown out than ever…in a good way. 3-4 minute runs leave your upper body like jelly, with new rocks dislodged every run. Raced the ENR, and while a DH bike would have smoothed it out, it performed spectacularly in tough conditions.
Felix took both the Operator and Rail, felt faster on the Rail despite the conditions. (Testament to the capability of the Revel, hey @russthedog)
His mate then mashed hanger/derailleur on his old Glory, so we gave him the Operator for the weekend.
Wet weekend forecast, but only light rain Saturday, with slick sections, but no mud. Sunday was prime conditions, with clear skies. All slick spots completely dried up by end of practice. Quinn had a huge face plant scorpion into rocks on Jeep Track in last practice run. Was worried it would destroy her confidence, but I followed her down to the bottom, and she was riding beautifully.
Last practice run for Felix, dude stopped mid track in front of him. He shot off into the bushes, taco’d chainring, mangled chain and bent pedal. We ‘eased’ it all gently back into shape as best we could for seeding. Operator would have come in handy. D’oh.
Race time! Quinn laid down a blinder even though she said she rode conservatively. Won u15 girls with a time that put her second in elite. Elise Empey had a huuuuuge off, but would have destroyed the field in elite. Dislocated shoulder, concussion, but walked away. Awesome rider, tough cookie. Whole fam are great peeps and killer riders.
I had a great race run until the last 300m on the easiest part of course. Washed out on corner, lost all speed, but stayed on bike. Finished 5 of 6 in super masters. Only 10 second between first and last. No slouches in the old fellas class these days.
Felix dropped a chain early in race run (blame my poor attempt to get it able to run). Still took 3 seconds off his seeding run, and took 11th in u19’s.
All in all, a killer weekend in a track I love, but had left my body feeling like it went through a washing machine.

Caught up with @Staunch and saw @Duane walk by, but not race. Assume other burners were there racing, and hoping they weren’t one of the many carted away in an ambulance.
Baw Baw is a great track!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Got my 38 back from Fox and there was a break in the weather so got out on the ebike for an explore. First ride on this since the start of January! Managed a 20km loop and got to ride two trails that were seemingly immune to the rain. Fork seems to be good again.