Russia Vs. America; Here we go again kids!

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Add to a weakened Europe a messed up global economy and you have the perfect autocrats picnic. Have heard (not confirmed yet still looking for a source) that the Saudis were asked to increase oil production to try and keep global energy prices in check but they refused. If global energy prices climb too high with the accelerating inflation in Western debt laden economies we are looking at some serious long term consequences for everyone.
Yes has been plenty of speculation of the fragility of the global economic situation before Europe's biggest conflict since WW2 is thrown into the mix.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Russian prisoners already being paraded (or faked), which is against Geneva Convention. Getting ugly right from the outset..., of the ugliness.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Possible that one Russian bird is already down:
Ukraine reporting 6 down
44 min agoUkraine armed forces say a sixth Russian plane has been shot down
From CNN's Tim Lister in Kyiv and Vasco Cotovio in Moscow

The General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces says it has shot down a sixth Russian plane, this time in the Kramatorsk area.
The update follows a claim earlier Thursday that it had shot down five aircraft and a helicopter as Russian forces attacked Ukraine.
In response, the Russian military earlier denied the claims, according to state news agency TASS.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Ukraine reporting 6 down
44 min agoUkraine armed forces say a sixth Russian plane has been shot down
From CNN's Tim Lister in Kyiv and Vasco Cotovio in Moscow

The General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces says it has shot down a sixth Russian plane, this time in the Kramatorsk area.
The update follows a claim earlier Thursday that it had shot down five aircraft and a helicopter as Russian forces attacked Ukraine.
In response, the Russian military earlier denied the claims, according to state news agency TASS.
Hard to know what to trust at the moment, footage is about the best bet, but you still have to check the architecture of the buildings, the season (leaves on trees) the model of the aircraft, etc. and even then, it could be from another conflict.

The last people I'll be believing at this point are the Russians and the Ukrainians!

This is some very good advice below. There have already been multiple attacks and malware released as part of this conflict. Some of that will proliferate in the wild on its own and some of it will be picked up/copied by criminals in coming days/weeks. Update your devices, folks!

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hard to know what to trust at the moment, footage is about the best bet, but you still have to check the architecture of the buildings, the season (leaves on trees) the model of the aircraft, etc. and even then, it could be from another conflict.

The last people I'll be believing at this point are the Russians and the Ukrainians!

This is some very good advice below. There have already been multiple attacks and malware released as part of this conflict. Some of that will proliferate in the wild on its own and some of it will be picked up/copied by criminals in coming days/weeks. Update your devices, folks!
View attachment 386582
It's ok because Scomo is lending cyber support! :)

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To be honest how fucking under prepared are these soldiers?

Rhetoric spewing from the machine, threats abound, intelligence communities on international media saying "imminent invasion" for 3 days ... some Ukrainian soldier "caught me surprise, really"?!
He was checking his twitter feed to see what was happening... could happen to anyone really

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Russia took out air defences with cruise missiles, now they've taken the airport at Kyiv with an air assault, which will likely be a beachhead for ground troops that will arrest/execute the military and political leadership of the country. Russia will install its own leadership. This will be a years long conflict.