New bike time - suggestions?

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
True, forgot about that, certainly a solid bike. Will suss their availability out.

Is it just Summit that does them in Melbourne? They only have an XL listed online and I'm likely more of a L guy looking at their sizes.

I know at worst I can get a Spire around June/July directly through Supersports (unless they have been pushed back further) as I put my name down for one with Rod from his stock before xmas but might be able to get one through a dealer before that.

No I hadn't considered the Commencal actually as last time I looked stuff was out of stock with no solid ETA's but might give that another look to see if it has changed. Solid bike from what I understand
I went in there recently and they had boxes of them.
Seemed like they had large in there too. If you do, go Nerds! ;)

Additional vote for the 161. A mate has one and loves it. Hefty but decent climbing and descends like a champ.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Same, lack of enthusiasm for superboost ruled out the current Wreckoning for me - @Dangals could be another option if that's not a concern for you?
I 100% believe corona-world has has stifled innovation (otherwise know as unnecessary creation of new standards) if production and supply was normal, we would be superboost on 90% of bikes in 2022.

Would have loved a set of i9 Hydras on my Deviate but we are not staying at 148mm.

Superboost would actually make a bike more attractive for me.

EDIT: Bike ? P-Train... guaranteed in 8-12 weeks and you can be nearly sure no other chunt will be riding one :p

I've been doing a bit of looking myself but they are way overpriced, I reckon Simon from Actofive has just came up with a price for anything with Actofive printed on it and doubled it.

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I 100% believe corona-world has has stifled innovation (otherwise know as unnecessary creation of new standards) if production and supply was normal, we would be superboost on 90% of bikes in 2022.

Would have loved a set of i9 Hydras on my Deviate but we are not staying at 148mm.

Superboost would actually make a bike more attractive for me.
Mr Chris King doesn’t make super boosty anymore, is he wrong? :D

On topic a Dreadnaught would be worth a good hard look.

ozzybmx

Mr Chris King doesn’t make super boosty anymore, is he wrong? :D

On topic a Dreadnaught would be worth a good hard look.
Mr King is a chunt, I have a set of his very expensive hubs here laced to Enve's and they are obsolete on anything from 2014 onward, the rear cant even be made into a 142TA.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Mr King is a chunt, I have a set of his very expensive hubs here laced to Enve's and they are obsolete on anything from 2014 onward, the rear cant even be made into a 142TA.
Not sure if too laugh or be sad. That’s nuts.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Respectfully, I reckon you're wrong. In fact I smell a wager ;)
Erm... are they 29er? 15x100 front? I have a mate that might be very interested if so...

ozzybmx

Respectfully, I reckon you're wrong. In fact I smell a wager ;)
Time will tell, hard to put a wager on as no one knows when supply/production will catch up on demand, maybe 2024-25. You know where you heard it first ;)

Erm... are they 29er? 15x100 front? I have a mate that might be very interested if so...
I actually thought I would futureproof the wheelset and got the 15mm TA adaptor for the front wheel.

They are currently on my CX bike, the only reason I held onto that bike was because of the wheelset.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
30 replies and no-one has suggested a Banshee?
12k could trick one out nicely!
Titan would be sick. Holt shit - has @Wake Jake still got his large frame for sale???

@Dangals now that @ozzybmx has mentioned Actofive, shit is officially off the hook. Get a Kavenz https://kavenz.com/ @frenchman has one and it makes him do crazy shit like flip and jump 6 stories high - just dont look at the footage of him landing…

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
If I were in the market for a new bike, I reckon I'd pick up a Privateer 161. Very good value and ride extremely well by all accounts.
I'm with you on the German aluminium, but would be leaning towards a Raaw Madonna.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Canyon, commencal, and yt all have some carbon enduro options worth looking at. Even a transition patrol.

If that isn't bling enough, what about Santa Cruz?