Drive train options

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The 9t isn't going to work with all chainstays either, even 10t can be a bit touch and go for chain clearance on some frames.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The one thing that this thread has stated is you have to spend more money. The morer the better.

FWIW nephew has top spec sram 11sp and it is very very nice. I could almost do it. No idea about any 12sp.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
The one thing that this thread has stated is you have to spend more money. The morer the better.

FWIW nephew has top spec sram 11sp and it is very very nice. I could almost do it. No idea about any 12sp.
I'm genuinely surprised it's lasted 3 pages before getting ridonculous.

There are too many posts saying the same thing that I CBF reading, so I'm just going to blindly shout my opinion into the void:

XT M8100 shifter and derailleur, XD driver on your wheels with Garbaruk 12sp 10-48 cassette. Cranks just get whatever depending on your appetite for carbon, budget, weight-weenie requirements or aesthetic taste (thank god no-one makes orange cranks you animal) and put a big ol' 38t ring on there because you are a literal flat-earther.
Your opinion is pretty much echoing everyone else's. Going to Adelaide next week to explore options but I'm 90% there on 12sp XT. Biggest issue is how long it's going take to get a microspline driver in my grubbies.

And don't worry, there is such a thing as too much orange ;)