COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

indica

Serial flasher
So if anyone was wondering how shoddy infection control and piss poor training could accelerate an outbreak, you should see where I work.
It's astounding.
10 days off - which is fucking GLORIOUS, feel for my mates though, working their arses off while people are dropping.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sent that my Mum. As an ex nurse, she is of course double jabbed, but the old man is holding out because of assorted crap anti vax reasons… Super frustrating and Mum has been slowly working on him.

But I feel like being nice about has had it’s day and he needs to be told to pull his head in and just get the fucking jab… Sigh.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
^ Makes you appreciate the tough decisions doctors have to face from time to time. There really are no winners in that scenario, and while it's tempting to rant about the unvaccinated, I have sympathy for those of them that have geniune and rational reasons for refusing the jab.

Nambra

Unfortunately, that’s about 7 people. The rest are just caught up in bullshit libertarianism or false medical information they read on FB.
I used to think that too. Have some neighbours (dad's a local copper) who are opting out as one of their kids had a seriously bad reaction to a vaccine when younger. Imagine chances of a similar reaction to a covax are slim, but can empathise with them as parents not wanting to roll the dice with their kids. Just hope covid itself is kind to them when it rolls down the street.

Haakon

Unfortunately, that’s about 7 people. The rest are just caught up in bullshit libertarianism or false medical information they read on FB.
I swear I’m almost inclined to say a prayer of thanks that my Dad doesn’t use the internet at all. If he was on Facebook I think I’d be getting involved and getting annoyed! His is a relatively “harmless” sort of weird old hippie in the bush with an inclination to buy those stupid conspiracy magazines.

But I think the time for pandering to his silliness has come to an end. Apparently my aunty got a blood clot after a vaccine and he is all revved up again ffs…

Christ, between him and my dickhead brother, it’s no wonder I moved interstate! At least my Mum is still eminently sensible.

moorey

call me Mia
I used to think that too. Have some neighbours (dad's a local copper) who are opting out as one of their kids had a seriously bad reaction to a vaccine when younger. Imagine chances of a similar reaction to a covax are slim, but can empathise with them as parents not wanting to roll the dice with their kids. Just hope covid itself is kind to them when it rolls down the street.
I was exaggerating obviously. My point is, the majority have no genuine health reason not to vaccinate.
I’m currently marginally involved in a FB brouhaha about a guy who entered a DH race without considering vaccination was required.
Heaps of people are all like ‘you can’t tell me what to do’ while also complaining about all the things they can’t do because they’re refusing the jab. No, no one can make you, just accept the consequences of your decision.

moorey

call me Mia
Christ, between him and my dickhead brother, it’s no wonder I moved interstate! At least my Mum is still eminently sensible.
My relationship with my folks has really suffered. They’re LNP/Herald Sun/conservative talkback peeps, who are vaccinated, but always want to argue the restrictions and vax requirements with me. Dan is the devil, but Gladys was victimized, and just doing her best. I can barely handle calling them these days, because that’s where the conversation always goes. I’d rather not talk then argue….unlike with all you jerks.

Haakon

My relationship with my folks has really suffered. They’re LNP/Herald Sun/conservative talkback peeps, who are vaccinated, but always want to argue the restrictions and vax requirements with me. Dan is the devil, but Gladys was victimized, and just doing her best. I can barely handle calling them these days, because that’s where the conversation always goes. I’d rather not talk then argue….unlike with all you jerks.
Thats rough, my sympathies… :( Mine thankfully are not that annoying. My Dad volunteers for the Greens - which amuses the hell out of me as I suspect he is too much of a lefty for them!

Kirsty’s Dad is a daily herald sun reader and I have reedumacate him on climate and Dan and everything every time I go there. He is a nice guy and does get it and ends up agreeing with me, but by the next time I’m there it’s all back to square one again,…

Nambra

I was exaggerating obviously. My point is, the majority have no genuine health reason not to vaccinate.
I’m currently marginally involved in a FB brouhaha about a guy who entered a DH race without considering vaccination was required.
Heaps of people are all like ‘you can’t tell me what to do’ while also complaining about all the things they can’t do because they’re refusing the jab. No, no one can make you, just accept the consequences of your decision.
Absolutely - my field of fucks is barren when it comes to caring whether people get the jab or not, they're the ones at risk, not me. Not that I spend a lot of time with any of them. Their thoughts on many other topics are usually just as twisted and ridiculous as their opinions on the vax, so there's not a lot of common ground... or sense. Like talking to a cheese wheel.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Friend of my partners gave birth yesterday at home in Melbourne. This friend is a nurse.

Pregnant mum called an ambulance when labour started early, ambulance hadn’t arrived after 4 hours. Delivered her own baby at home, baby wasn’t breathing upon delivery. She was performing cpr while delivering the placenta, driven by neighbour, ambulance never arrived

Baby is ok now.

This is next level fuxked up.

My cousin, also a nurse gave birth yesterday in a Vic country hospital, same hospital she works at.
Arrived 30 mins before birth, gone 3 hours later.

Haakon

Absolutely - my field of fucks is barren when it comes to caring whether people get the jab or not, they're the ones at risk, not me. Not that I spend a lot of time with any of them. Their thoughts on many other topics are usually just as twisted and ridiculous as their opinions on the vax, so there's not a lot of common ground... or sense. Like talking to a cheese wheel.
Mmm… cheese…

moorey

call me Mia
Got this message from a mate…I can’t work out for the life of me why we are fucked.

My neighbor went to Townsville fishing with a dozen mates between Chrissy and NY. All of them got it. Tried to extend accom to quarantine. Too booked out so they had to leave. Rang QLD Health as to what to do. Their advice was to jump on plane and get back to Vic. They don’t do hotel quarantine. Sooooo….. 12 guys boozing with masks down on a 3-4 hour flight home.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Got to work for the first 12hr (15hr) shift of 5 yesterday, done the second today.

2 days, 3 nights... its beer night between days and nights.

Expecting some pretty strict shit to look after essential services.

The 10 commandments read to us at security was down to 4....

Get to work, segregate, social distance, WEAR MASKS FOR 12 HRS and fuck all else.

You got to be fucking kidding me, it all comes downs to me wearing a mask all day ??? FUCK YOU... the country is open, its open slather.

I told them to fck off and I have not worn a mask for the past 2 shifts... Corona come at me, I'm ready.