Confessions from the fuckwits

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Non-bike related.
Last night was pizza night. Merrily cutting the steaming hot pizza with the big rocker.
Being a fuckwit, I hadn't placed the pizza on a secure surface. Pizza moves sideways and I plant the heels of both hands into scolding hot mozzarella which was about a million degrees coming just out of the oven.
Now have a blister on each hand which is going to make riding today interesting

moorey

call me Mia
Boost hub arrived so I can build up one of my spare 27.5 Stans mk3 rims that have been collecting dust for a while, then try the Lyrik ultimates on the ENR.

-Hub spoke count and axle width. Check.
-New spokes and nips. Check.
-27.5 rim. Nope, ALL 26”. FML.

Could I build up a Spank or Hope rim? Yep.
Could I stomach a non matching rim? Nope.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Boost hub arrived so I can build up one of my spare 27.5 Stans mk3 rims that have been collecting dust for a while, then try the Lyrik ultimates on the ENR.

-Hub spoke count and axle width. Check.
-New spokes and nips. Check.
-27.5 rim. Nope, ALL 26”. FML.

Could I build up a Spank or Hope rim? Yep.
Could I stomach a non matching rim? Nope. View attachment 380026
Reverse mullet time.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Enjoy yourselves! Well...probably only a little.

For those of you that don't keep up to date with my adventures, I recently purchased some cheap pedals off eBay. I wanted a bigger platform than my current pedals offer and figured these would last a few months during which time something of quality might appear. Yes I knew what I was getting myself into. Well they lasted 4 rides until O bent the axle. No this confession isn't really about that.

I have a box of little grub screws to replace worn down pins, but they are a lot of mm longer than what most pedals use from the factory. This provides awesome grip, but also tears up my shoes, and I don't always feel the need to ride in my bike specific kicks.

So I extracted all the pins from these bent pedals and the little tiny nuts they connect with. I figure I can attach Deez nuts to my much longer pins and get them down to a more shoe friendly length.

So I'm sitting in the garage trying to be a little more productive with my lockdown time and fuck me! I put all Deez nuts onto the pins they came with instead of the loner pins. And now I have removed them. Time to get the box out.

IMG_20210909_221933030~2.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
New pedals time!!
It was and it is again...

Apparently not as good as your hands. That's a massive callus!
Thanks for noticing. It's actually down a fair bit at the moment, about the size of a 5c with a few mm rise. When I used to ride and work on bikes more (the glory days of guiding and youth centre) that central one would join up with the ones either side often enough to form the Voltron of calluses!

Usually use lube when I wank (I hear baby oil is good in a pinch) but whatever floats your boat.
The rest of my hands are super soft, just the 3 grip fingers...on each hand. A lady I worked with touched them the other day...she did that "eeeeew" shudder thing women do when they touch something hey find repulsive.

moorey

call me Mia
Daily confession:
Topaz on the ENR always looses a bit of air in the reservoir, so thought I’d pull it off to investigate a service and try a different shock.
Swear I saw it was 216x63, so went to bang on Monarch RC3 plus.
Nope, it’s 200x57, and I’m all out of good 200x57 monarchs.
I have a CCDBA. Seen them running the in-line, thought I’d try it out. Air valve fouls at the back, but hmmm….if I turn the air can 180, valve will face the front. Looks like I should be able to fit the pump, even though it’s close to the piggyback. Yep, close, but fits.
Swap all the hardware, fit the shock, go to sit on it….anyone notice the bleeding obvious, unlike me?