What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't the XT cassettes have a coating to assist with longevity ?

i may be wrong ...
likely .

I've had an slx cassette and it didn't last as long as the Sun Race , But the XT is hanging in @ over 2200km , chain is stretchy stretchy - out over 1.25
I'm holding on tho till it is completely worn .

shagged , kaput , stuffed - ha , i'll beat short supply chains by not buying anything !

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You just deal with it.

The drinking water carried in each vehicle for 1 rider and 1 support for 1 week is up to 150L or more.

Morning stage is 80km, you need to have your camelbaks with the water stop convoy for 5am, so you drop 3 x 3L camelbacks in the Red/Yellow/Blue tubs.
You will start at 6am with the minimum 2L in a camelbak, this gets dropped at the 20km mark and the new one lifted.

Red goes to 20km mark
Yellow goes to 40km mark
Blue goes to 60km mark

So the morning stage alone needs 10L of drinking water.... the 50km afternoon stage which can be touching 50° on occasion and always over 40°, you camelbaks are sitting out in plastic tubs baking in the sun, picked up at 15km, 30km and 40km.

We reuse the water not drank in the morning as afternoon water, then what's left over in the afternoon to have a shower tent wash that night.

Your vehicle has to be pretty beefed up too, water at 150L and fuel at 120-150L, there is 300kg alone of liquid. Then all you shit, food, spares, camping gear, 2nd spare wheel/tyre for the vehicle and the rest.

They say actually getting yourself to Purni-Bore for the start is 50% of the race.
Sounds fucking awesome. How do I sign up?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Am at this stage (boom boom tish...) with the Orange at present - the Trance was like a second skin, just love it. The whole modern geo thing on the Orange still feels very weird. Bloody fast though!
Your second skin sounds more like dermatitis.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
The Giant dropper on the Trance is still working well, but the black coating is wearing off at a rapid rate. I figure it's only a matter of time before the post itself craps out and the dropper post is the only thing on the bike I don't have a spare off. Was going to pick up some German dropper post goodness next time I was over there, but who knows when that will be.

Long story short, ordered the last BikeYoke Devine 30.9/185mm that MTBDirect had in stock. Price seemed OK compared to the Euro RRP. I like the fact that it is all user serviceable and travel adjustable. Weight seems OK too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The Giant dropper on the Trance is still working well, but the black coating is wearing off at a rapid rate. I figure it's only a matter of time before the post itself craps out and the dropper post is the only thing on the bike I don't have a spare off. Was going to pick up some German dropper post goodness next time I was over there, but who knows when that will be.

Long story short, ordered the last BikeYoke Devine 30.9/185mm that MTBDirect had in stock. Price seemed OK compared to the Euro RRP. I like the fact that it is all user serviceable and travel adjustable. Weight seems OK too.
You should have grabbed those dnm droppers moorey was posting!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Bought some odds and ends for my new build. Blue Ergon GA2 Fat grips and matching OneUp composite pedals. Will probably get some matching fork graphics and have that as my theme with the rest stealth, that way I can incorporate some anodized blue Hope goodness at some point down the track.
Also bought some new rotor bolts and a Shimano postmount adapter rather than the shitty SRAM one on my forks now.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
On the Tallboy I swapped a Snail chainring for a Snail chainring. The first one didn't last particularly long, lucky they are cheap. And swapped to a spare barely used 10sp XTR chain I never knew I had. Where the fuck did it come from? And also, where is my chain checker?

Anyone want a Snail chainring with inbuilt chain suck?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
On the Tallboy I swapped a Snail chainring for a Snail chainring. The first one didn't last particularly long, lucky they are cheap. And swapped to a spare barely used 10sp XTR chain I never knew I had. Where the fuck did it come from? And also, where is my chain checker?

Anyone want a Snail chainring with inbuilt chain suck?
I wouldn't waste my money on snail again..no good if you weigh more than a snail and put down more power than a snail, only good for facebook sale pics not for actual riding!

Minlak

custom titis
I know... I won't spend too much time in the largest two (weaker AL) cogs though unless I decide to upsize chainring. From my understanding that's the only difference.

It worked great...
Don’t misunderstand was only trying to help as you mentioned not upgrading - you never have to convince me to spend money on bike parts - I always buy XT or higher - or worse Sram E-Bike specific :)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Took it for a spin round Youies after work. Only rode for a couple of hours, but it was nice to get out and a good evening for it. Solo ride so didn't tackle anything too hectic, but it was still good.