Little Things You Hate

cammas

Seamstress
I seen that today then I went for on my local trail where they’ve being working with Parks on legalising the network, then someone built a little loop which is fantastic loop but Parks say it illegal and have posted signs saying so. Fair enough it was done without consultation but then I get down to the next loop as they have two trail heads and then I find someone has built this, now this is also built over the top of the existing trails and is an accident waiting to happen. The original loop runs across the down ramp and does the same further down the trail. This has been built over the last couple of days as the one at start still had wet concrete. These will be the same people that will cry & scream when the trails are shut and for comparison that’s my bike on the left so these aren’t small.

View attachment 372899

well it lasted a week was still there yesterday and gone today, from the looks of it was the people that built it removed it, as all the foot prints covering the holes back over looked liked my five tens.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I seen that today then I went for on my local trail where they’ve being working with Parks on legalising the network, then someone built a little loop which is fantastic loop but Parks say it illegal and have posted signs saying so. Fair enough it was done without consultation but then I get down to the next loop as they have two trail heads and then I find someone has built this, now this is also built over the top of the existing trails and is an accident waiting to happen. The original loop runs across the down ramp and does the same further down the trail. This has been built over the last couple of days as the one at start still had wet concrete. These will be the same people that will cry & scream when the trails are shut and for comparison that’s my bike on the left so these aren’t small.

View attachment 372899
That also looks like it was made a bit... ummm...well you know, poorly. I wager it's fun but wobbles a bit. Stuff like this pops up every now and then in my local - glenrock lagoon. It has caused tension over the years. The grumpy old men and the reckless youth all have differing ideas about its value. Someone dragged a bunch of soft wood pallets in a while back and made a walk ride and small shore drop...oddly nature beat the Rangers to it. Someone else dragged in a bunch of hose shitty white plastic strip weave sandbags and built a few jumps berms etc...ranger was most unhappy about that. Conversely the place is so freaking popular it needs a lot of regular maintenance and rerouting just to keep ahead of the boredom bringing about shitty ideas.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm pretty sure global warming as actually a long game to rid the world of them. Or perhaps it is their long game to force us underground into the safety of darkness, where they will have the upper hand and we will become their slaves!

moorey

call me Mia
I'm pretty sure global warming as actually a long game to rid the world of them. Or perhaps it is their long game to force us underground into the safety of darkness, where they will have the upper hand and we will become their slaves!
Bastards are going to move here. We had 3-4 days over 30deg over summer. Most days were in the teens.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bastards are going to move here. We had 3-4 days over 30deg over summer. Most days were in the teens.
All those trees too...make for good shade. Lucky we cut all the trees around here down and switched to open cut mining. It's very hard to build an underground city once the surface had all be ripped out.

cammas

Seamstress
That also looks like it was made a bit... ummm...well you know, poorly. I wager it's fun but wobbles a bit. Stuff like this pops up every now and then in my local - glenrock lagoon. It has caused tension over the years. The grumpy old men and the reckless youth all have differing ideas about its value. Someone dragged a bunch of soft wood pallets in a while back and made a walk ride and small shore drop...oddly nature beat the Rangers to it. Someone else dragged in a bunch of hose shitty white plastic strip weave sandbags and built a few jumps berms etc...ranger was most unhappy about that. Conversely the place is so freaking popular it needs a lot of regular maintenance and rerouting just to keep ahead of the boredom bringing about shitty ideas.
It looked they put in a bit of effort as it was all concreted in, my issue with it was it went over an existing trail and would end in someone having a high speed impact with another rider. As for dodgey building someone has taken to piling up mud with stumps and building little kickers randomly along the trails most of them being no wider than 30 centimetres, some are okay and some are real dodgy built or positioned on the trail.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
LTIH, unresponsiveness.

I won a bike on Ebay at 6.30am Friday, paid within 1/2 hour. It's pick up only so I've messaged twice trying to get an address or something to organise collection and all I've got in reply is crickets...I reckon he has the shits for what it went for.

I realise he's probably on another forum bitching about impatient Ebay users but surely if you set up an auction to finish at a specific time, be about to reply to a query or two.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Thanks for your post. It will be processed and responded to in the next 3-5 days. Thanks for being a part of the Rotorburn forums.
I've still heard bloody nowt from him.

How long is reasonable to wait before complaining? I actually really like the bike so don't want to piss him off, but just a quick reply would suffice.