Confessions from the fuckwits

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Has anyone trialed "mullet" cranksets for a longer lever arm on your stronger leg?
By accident I did the reverse on my trainer bike for a couple of weeks. Felt a bit wonky at the time, but felt so much worse once I corrected it. One fit leg, one dead leg. It was a little awkward, lol.

EDIT: Hey look - right thread and everything!

Last edited:

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You know the real trick though? The Centre in the Maxxis Logo isn't, as a lot of Fuckwits who do noob-job logo/valve line ups think, inbetween the two X's.

The real pedants know that due to the letter spacing, it's underneath the right hand leg of the first X...

(Hmmm, I think that makes me a total Nerd, which really is jut another fuckwit right? :oops:)
Dam right it is lol
I guess I deserve to be here (again) and didn't even stuff anything up this time.

Jpez

Down on the left!
there was a guy who used to race vic vets, had polio i think, 1 normal crank, other was a a special modified about 100mm long...looked bloody awkward but he pedalled alright
I’ve actually thought about it. I’ve got a leg 10mm shorter than the other which gives my body all sorts of hell. Can’t walk more than a 500m with out pain but can pedal all day long. I do get right hip flexors from riding hard though.
So no idea if it would help or not but it has crossed my mind.
Not something I’d ever bother with unless the different length cranks fell in my lap though.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve actually thought about it. I’ve got a leg 10mm shorter than the other which gives my body all sorts of hell. Can’t walk more than a 500m with out pain but can pedal all day long. I do get right hip flexors from riding hard though.
So no idea if it would help or not but it has crossed my mind.
Not something I’d ever bother with unless the different length cranks fell in my lap though.
I’m sure I read somewhere that Cadel Evans had his cockpit setup all skewed to one side because he had broken one collar bone so many times, (when he was a heathen mtber), that his reach was dramatically shorter on his left/ right.

Scott_W

Likes Bikes
After reading the tyre logo argument, I've just looked over at my kids race bmx's. One has the Maxxis logos lined up perfectly (I haven't had to take the tyres off since I bought it) while the other had the 'M' lining up with the valve on the front, and the logo on the rear is about 150mm offset, and the tyre is on backwards. Yep, that's my work.