Confessions from the fuckwits

greendream

Likes Bikes
1st offence: checking air pressure in the Pikes and managed to spray fluid onto the front rotor then transfer the fluid to pads for ultimate brake non performance. Remove pads give them a cook on the bbq, reinstall test it out all good.
2nd offence: whilst out in the bush hear a rattle that hadn't been there before, trace it down to the brake caliper and assume that it's the old pad cooling fin issue. After a few more outings with the the rattle giving me the shits I decide to take the pads out and taker closer look... that's curious, whatever happened to the spring that pushes the pads apart? It's gone. Old master mechanic here obviously didn't install the the spring properly & it subsequently fell out in the bush. And to cap it all off finding a set of BRM8020 replacement pads (just to get the spring) presented a bit of a challenge at the time.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Always thought, nahh don't ride enough gnar to worry about all these body part protections (helmet excepted)..
On tabletop 3 of 3 feet flew off the pedals, pedals took the obligatory opportunity to eat shins. 9 stitches later I'm reconsidering body armour.

Note: Tiny tables that I was basically rolling.

Last edited: