Bargain buys thread

kand

Likes Dirt
My shipment from Bike Components hasn't been delivered but the tracking says it has been last night:
Wed, 31.05.17 09:49 - Germany - The shipment has been successfully delivered
Could it be behind the bushes, around the back etc?

Also don't forget to call austpost to see what is going on

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
I ordered some Swiss db spokes from Bike24 and they arrived within 3 weeks.

If you want parts like yesterday, pay top dollar and buy them locally and it's as simple as that.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
xhjt1zE.jpg

Checked around and no luck. Plus it says it was delivered at 6PM which is a bit of an odd time.
I assume that it has already been processed by Aus Post due to the statuses before it was 'loaded onto delivery vehicle'
I punched the tracking number into Aus Post but no luck.

From the locations it looks like it just made a round trip back to the origin haha .... I hope not

Last edited:
Z

Zaf

View attachment 337956

Checked around and no luck. Plus it says it was delivered at 6PM which is a bit of an odd time.
I assume that it has already been processed by Aus Post due to the statuses before it was 'loaded onto delivery vehicle'
I punched the tracking number into Aus Post but no luck.

From the locations it looks like it just made a round trip back to the origin haha .... I hope not
They sometimes list this status when it's delivered to the in country Courier for end stage delivery. I had the same thing occur with my Canyon Strive when it was handed onto the final delivery service. I believe what you're seeing is it was "Delivered" to AusPost, and they'll now finish up. But call them to confirm, shouldn't be an issue.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
They sometimes list this status when it's delivered to the in country Courier for end stage delivery. I had the same thing occur with my Canyon Strive when it was handed onto the final delivery service. I believe what you're seeing is it was "Delivered" to AusPost, and they'll now finish up. But call them to confirm, shouldn't be an issue.
Ah gotcha. I'll give it till Monday arvo before I chase it up then.
Cheers!

I've had no issue with Bike24. Slower than CRC but still faster than BikeInn.

What surprised me was that my order (headsets, drive train parts) arrived in a bike box! How the heck they manage to ship that volume for EUR20 escapes me. They must do mega volume.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
What surprised me was that my order (headsets, drive train parts) arrived in a bike box! How the heck they manage to ship that volume for EUR20 escapes me. They must do mega volume.
Yeah my stuff came in a bike box too. They must just have negotiated a mass deal for one single size. I guess it makes delivery much easier since everything is the same size.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
So turns out my order got sent back to Bike Components as it had a Muc Off spray bottle which isn't allowed to be sent via Air Mail.
Good to know for future orders.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
So turns out my order got sent back to Bike Components as it had a Muc Off spray bottle which isn't allowed to be sent via Air Mail.
That still sucks ass though!

Calvin27

Eats Squid
It used to be the opposite. You put in certain cheap things in your cart through wiggle/crc just so it would get it onto a faster route to your doorstep :p.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not really a life saving part, probably only performance will be worse and more than likely, a lot of smaller named cheap brake pads that come from the same place. I did a decent order from Superstar components a while back for pads http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/shop/?q=pads got about 15-20 sets of them in a mix of Organic/Sintered/kevlar... very average indeed. Probably wont "fail", just don't work great in the first place.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Not really a life saving part, probably only performance will be worse and more than likely, a lot of smaller named cheap brake pads that come from the same place. I did a decent order from Superstar components a while back for pads http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/shop/?q=pads got about 15-20 sets of them in a mix of Organic/Sintered/kevlar... very average indeed. Probably wont "fail", just don't work great in the first place.
What did they sting you for shipping?

Discobrakes are great for pads at good prices.

ozzybmx

What did they sting you for shipping?

Discobrakes are great for pads at good prices.
I sent them to my brother in N Ireland, thats why I did a big order, he sent them to me for a few pounds. Their shipping was ridiculous if I remember right.

A couple of mates got some of them too, didn't get any feedback from them.

Ive been buying sets of Shimano pads from Bike24 (non finned) for 5 euros a pop, they fit my roadie, 4 of my MTB's and both my boys bikes. Do the fins on shimano pads do much for regular trail riding ??? Would maybe buy them if I was riding DH or had a trip planned to do the 21 Tour de France climbs/descents, but 5 euro sets of organic GENUINE Shimano pads are going great.

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=142731;menu=1000,4,170

ozzybmx

^^^ Not sure about other manufacturers apart from Hope, which every brake set if different.... But at least Shimano basic pads fit all their brakes that I have had, Road disc Ultegra, Dura Ace, SLX, XT, XTR. If you go for finned pad, they are all different shaped fin blocks and part numbers, the K02S fit the lot of them :thumb:

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.