ACT 2017 Mont 24hr

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'll be starting on Friday evening, 7pm at the Bentspoke beer tent.

Rotorburn carbo-loading session.

Mont24Team

Likes Bikes
Holy shit, you're right, there's 17 Ebikes listed in the starting line up!!
Al, Mont team - WTF?
I want to scream outrage but will await comment from the Mont Team as it seems unbelievable. And I don't want to believe it.
You big baby... ;)
You can scream whatever you want but it won't change the fact the pedal assist e-bikes are here, they are part of the future of cycling (on and off road) and we will all need to get along.
As a trail builder I see no issue with them. You cannot spin the wheels or roost the trail out behind you. We've tried them and they are fine. No threat there.

The ebike category has four teams of 4 all riding the same style Turbo Levos from Specialized. They'll be going for their own little trophy, but it is not a prize category.
If you want one, buy one. If you don't, don't.
Purists be damned.

stirk

Burner
You big baby... ;)
You can scream whatever you want but it won't change the fact the pedal assist e-bikes are here, they are part of the future of cycling (on and off road) and we will all need to get along.
As a trail builder I see no issue with them. You cannot spin the wheels or roost the trail out behind you. We've tried them and they are fine. No threat there.

The ebike category has four teams of 4 all riding the same style Turbo Levos from Specialized. They'll be going for their own little trophy, but it is not a prize category.
Purists be damned.
Fucking lame allowing an ebike in a race and lame for trying to excuse it as being the norm in the future. Soon you'll just be riding a motorbike. If the ebike riders bulk or interfere with the real racers will there be outrage?

What a joke.

Try riding one when the battery is flat... #youllneedlegsthen
The team is not smart enough to change a battery?

Fake racers.

Mont24Team

Likes Bikes
Fucking lame allowing an ebike in a race and lame for trying to excuse it as being the norm in the future. Soon you'll just be riding a motorbike. If the ebike riders bulk or interfere with the real racers will there be outrage?

What a joke.
If you think we're fucking lame and all I will refund your spot and you can go ride somewhere else
I don't want or need your attitude at our event...

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
You big baby... ;)

Purists be damned.
I don't have a problem with pedal assist on the trails, it's neither here nor there for me. Feels very strange to involve them in a race though. I suppose when I think about it, it won't really make any difference to my experience of the race and I'm a more-the-merrier kind of guy.

Going to take a few visits to the therapist before I can fully come to terms with E-bikes being included in races though.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
This will be like body building in the future

There will be open ebikes and then there will be natural - ie, hidden battery ebikes stealthy and Matt black....

stirk

Burner
If you think we're fucking lame and all I will refund your spot and you can go ride somewhere else
I don't want or need your attitude at our event...
I predict controversy when a team uses engines more powerful than is allowed by future rules for ebike in MTB events and you're in the same territory as doping.

Imagine an ebiker asking to pass an non assist rider, I hope the non assisted rider replies with a "ring ding ding ding"

You'll be the first team to ride mobility scooters in a marathon running race ;)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Lets just hope the e bike riders don't get shirty with people for being "slow" and try silly things to get past...

sobmal

Squid
Lets just hope the e bike riders don't get shirty with people for being "slow" and try silly things to get past...
People have been getting silly and bent out of shape trying to get past slower riders since the very first single track was invented.

take note of their number and let the nice people at the timing tent know about it.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'm far more concerned about weather and the twinge in my back than I am a couple of ped-assist bikes on the trail.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I'm far more concerned about weather and the twinge in my back than I am a couple of ped-assist bikes on the trail.
I hear ya.... my beer gut and lack of time off my broken bike have me slightly worried.
If someone is worse off than me, then I'll feel better in myself. Is that wrong to wish bad things on good people?

Thursday look wet..... 10 -30mm of rain!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
A nice big dump of rain on Thursday will be ideal - if it stays sunny after that. Damp down the dust and settle things well - its all clay out there and likes a bit of rain on the trails. Any more though and its mud fest and mangled trails....

I've embraced my beer gut for now, 6 months off the bike and lots of beer to deal with the depression of being off the bike... Bent Spoke will help me cope with my awful wheezy lap times.