What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Z

Zaf

fitted Guide RS', new dropper post and a 2.4" Short-ayyyyy.

need to drill a hole in my frame so i can convert the dropper to internally routed, the external cable is messy and wants to touch things it shouldn't. black shaft is sexy though.

YEWWW!!! Shorty looks sick!
Actually, the entire steed is looking pretty spot on at the moment.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
YEWWW!!! Shorty looks sick!
Actually, the entire steed is looking pretty spot on at the moment.
will give it a test run in the morning! looks meaty compared to the DHF though.

it is pretty well sorted and rides awesomely; i just wish the seat tube was a bit steeper, and the head angle was a touch slacker. angleset would help with both, but i just bring myself to pay $200 for a couple of bearings...

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
fitted Guide RS', new dropper post and a 2.4" Short-ayyyyy.

need to drill a hole in my frame so i can convert the dropper to internally routed, the external cable is messy and wants to touch things it shouldn't. black shaft is sexy though.

Looking very good mitchy.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Wow and I thought my lawn was looking crap. Don't ever wood chip muddy car spots, neighborhood cats love crapping in it, sigh.
Two car driveway, three car house. Kids take forever to move out these days.

stirk

Burner
Two car driveway, three car house. Kids take forever to move out these days.
Send the bludging freeloader off on a holiday for a few days, change the locks to the house and turn their room into bondage slave room, they won't hang around after that.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New black SDG Circuit Ti saddle fitted on the spitfire in place of the black and yellow version of the same saddle, which didn't colour match the wheels

Fitted some Ikons on the Spartan. Mainly as I had a basically brand new pair in the cupboard. The Super Gravity HD's are too heavy (a 60k ride including 30k on the road into the wind last weekend made up my mind) and my Ardents are pretty knackered.

Also note the insulating tape handlbar grip repair... will sort that shortly

You'll have to give some feedback on how those ikons go on the front. 2.35s on 40mm rims? I've got a pair here I'm thinking of running this summer on my Zelvy 40mm wheels but I've also got a 2.4 ardent I got at the same time just in case. Running Hans Dampf/Rock Razor atm and am enjoying the grip but it's starting to get dusty out there.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
will give it a test run in the morning! looks meaty compared to the DHF though.

it is pretty well sorted and rides awesomely; i just wish the seat tube was a bit steeper, and the head angle was a touch slacker. angleset would help with both, but i just bring myself to pay $200 for a couple of bearings...
Not $200 that's for sure! Search proshox on ebay. $38 for standard and I think $48 for titanium offset bushings.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Not $200 that's for sure! Search proshox on ebay. $38 for standard and I think $48 for titanium offset bushings.
i've got some offset bushings here, but they will slacken both the seat tube and head tube. i dont want the seat tube any slacker, i'm just about dangling my gooch over the rear axle as it is.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
i've got some offset bushings here, but they will slacken both the seat tube and head tube. i dont want the seat tube any slacker, i'm just about dangling my gooch over the rear axle as it is.
Probably would have helped if I read your original post properly. Got my angle and off mixed up!

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
stripped my m520 spds off for warranty return to crc...2 pedal sets & both only got around 3000km before the bearings were completely toast (about 4-6 months for each set)
so far 2x emails, pdf form, 8 photos, pdf form again...just to get the ball rolling. pretty pissed.... shimano stuff should be better than this. really hoping crc dont make me send back and pay for postage because if they do there wont be any point returning with the relative low cost of the pedal (paid around $30 per set)

anyway stripping down the drivetrain later for a full clean, bike will get a wash, kero bath for chain/cassette, lube mechs, brakes, pivots and just give everything a good once over....bike could use a bit of tlc i reckon as its been a messy weeks riding and im starting to put in some serious time on the bike again....thank fuck ive found some motivation again :p

Last edited:

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
How the fuck are you destroying M520 pedal bearings???
no idea...not even riding that hard and im 74kg so not the heaviest rider out there. 1st lasted 4 mths/3000km before i noticed a graunchy notchy feeling through the spindle
had bought another set from crc as i needed a 2nd pair of cleats for my other shoes put them on these lasted just over 5mths/3000km with same symptoms
ive taken em off now and theres so much play in the spindles its not funny...you can wiggle them in your hand!
theyre in really good nic as you can see...havent stacked them, theyre not even scuffed.... try to look after my stuff so it beats me!

Attachments

Last edited:
Z

Zaf

Get some XT's, I've got a pair that have seen about 4500km across two bikes, multiple weather conditions and have been smashed crashed and blitzed into rocks to the point that the cage is more silver than black now and they spin freely without play.
Theyve been serviced once, which was just to repack with grease, and have otherwise just been fit and forget.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Get some XT's, I've got a pair that have seen about 4500km across two bikes, multiple weather conditions and have been smashed crashed and blitzed into rocks to the point that the cage is more silver than black now and they spin freely without play.
Theyve been serviced once, which was just to repack with grease, and have otherwise just been fit and forget.
ditto. have both a pair of regular XT's and XT trail's. both have been well abused and are still faultless.