Little Things You Hate

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I service bikes as a bit of a cash in hand extra job, just a couple of local bike hire businesses and a few word of mouth customers

I am good at it but I have been told I can be a bit anal.
I am very fussy with my own bikes

What I f&*king HATE is when I have spent their money and my time sorting a troublesome rear derailuer only to have them pick the bike up and the conversation goes like this:
Me: You needed a new cable and the hanger was bent, all fixed though. You will notice a massive improvement with just the new cable alone, the old one was corroded and gummed up. Shifting will be really slick and you wont have to push as hard on the shifter.
Customer: Great!
They then proceed to shift up and down the range with the bike stationary!
Having just shifted across 4 ratios at the back they then proceed to jump on the bike and pedal as the cassette and chain desperately try and catch up with their ham fisted shifting, always accompanied with crunching, grinding noises.
I have had a customer then say "I thought you said you fixed the shifting"

WAKE UP PEOPLE!
- DONOT play with you shifters when the bike is stationary
- DONOT change under load

Have a little mechanical sympathy for Gods sake!
Shoot back at them, "well now we know why it was fucked in the first place!"

Getting a book, that will be invaluable for my uni research this year, for an absolute steal (think more than $100 cheaper), paying for expedited shipping so I get it ASAP only to recieve an email saying that the book was sold and wasn't available but they forgot to remove the for sale page. Sure I get my money back, and I haven't really lost anything, but I also don't really wanna pay $200 for a book...

MasterOfReality

After forever
Getting a book, that will be invaluable for my uni research this year, for an absolute steal (think more than $100 cheaper), paying for expedited shipping so I get it ASAP only to recieve an email saying that the book was sold and wasn't available but they forgot to remove the for sale page. Sure I get my money back, and I haven't really lost anything, but I also don't really wanna pay $200 for a book...
Library + photocopier?

Norco Maniac

Is back!
have you tried The Book Depository in the UK? i've often found textbooks there cheap and they're good to deal with.

Library + photocopier?
I think it's pretty rare. It better be considering the 300% price rise since it was new. If I had a tablet I'd scan it and turn it into a pdf.

have you tried The Book Depository in the UK? i've often found textbooks there cheap and they're good to deal with.
I'll have a look there now. I'm beginning to think about biting the bullet and just laying down the money for one. Although I probably should buy the compulsory books for uni first...

MasterOfReality

After forever
I think it's pretty rare. It better be considering the 300% price rise since it was new. If I had a tablet I'd scan it and turn it into a pdf.
I remember trying to track down a couple of mining engineering text books that were almost non-existent at UOW. Ended up driving to UNSW to get my hands on the one copy they had and then spending quality time with the photocopier. Still got them sitting on my shelf at work. You really get bent over on price with niche stuff like that.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
People that wander around aimlessly during peak times at Melbourne's biggest train stations!

Sent from my LG-P705 using Tapatalk 2

Bermshot

Banned
I work with disabilities and found out that a mate of the guy I work with is being paid $9.90 an hr at Maccas. Fuck their good ar'nt they?

Get a good job kids or this is what will happen.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I hate the Australian media, I hate politics and I hate the fact that politics is the top story when I unfortunately come across a news website. I know what I want politicians to do to make our country healthy and I vote accordingly but I think the whole stinking process is blatant fraud and pathetic. Man I wish the shitty media in this nanna country would stop feeding this fire!

In totally relevant and interesting news:
I'll be riding my bike later today for the first time since the Australia day long weekend! The wild weather of late has seen our trails battered and beaten but the misty rain we've had today won't stop me riding! What is there to hate about going for a long overdue ride? Not having the legs you had the last time you rode...............:(

moorey

call me Mia
Suck it up princess. It's a work day, it's 4pm, and I've ridden for about 4 hours today so far. Just me happy for me and forget your legs.
LTIH. Not needing the forks I just sold, but still wishing I hadn't. Fuck I hate parting with potentially usefull things. :noidea:

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hate the fact that there is always one rotor bolt that just has to get rounded and then has to be drilled to get the rotor off. Always seems to be at least one! .....or maybe I should get something better than the park multitool ha ha..... I know Hubby has some torx tools somewhere but stuffed if I could find anything of his when I need it, it's why I keep my bike tools in my own tool box!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I hate the Australian media, I hate politics and I hate the fact that politics is the top story when I unfortunately come across a news website. I know what I want politicians to do to make our country healthy and I vote accordingly but I think the whole stinking process is blatant fraud and pathetic. Man I wish the shitty media in this nanna country would stop feeding this fire!
Makes a change from having fucking football rammed down our throats every bloody minute. I've got news for the overpaid bogans - they really aren't as special as they like to think they are!

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
When you cook a chicken Kiev and all the garlic butter runs out into the frypan while it's cooking.

Flat Coke.

Not having a mountain bike at the moment.

Getting up from a chair and you're standing on your headphone cords and you rip em out of your ears while you stand up.