Post your all mountain bike

bpow

Likes Dirt
Have already posted this here but its now becoming a totally different beast. Only just finished some upgrades and havnt tested yet so for now it looks like a new bike! It has lost a ton of weight, cant wait to see how it feels on the trails!

20120607_193933mission side.jpg 20120607_194058mission front.jpg
20120607_193737mission rear.jpg

Recent changes-
Revelation 150mm
Hope Hubs with flow rims with sram 990 cassette
SLX double crankset
X9 rear deraillour and shifter
X-King 2,4 tyres
Raceface Atlas low rise bars
HT AXO1 pedals

Last edited:

dusty_nz

Likes Dirt
Not sure but - Yeti ASR-5C Carbon

Not sure this classifies as an all mountain but..

Built as a play bike versus my hardtail XC bike
Yeti.jpg

Yeti ASR -5C Carbon
RX Reverb 150mm front
Hope/Mavic wheels
3 x 9 drivetrain

Weighing in at 12.7kg
RS Reverb post fitting this weekend
2.35 Maxxis ignitor tyres

Was going to run a single front however there are a few hills I really don't want to walk.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Not sure this classifies as an all mountain but..

Built as a play bike versus my hardtail XC bike
Yeti ASR -5C Carbon
RX Reverb 150mm front
Hope/Mavic wheels
3 x 9 drivetrain

Weighing in at 12.7kg

Was going to run a single front however there are a few hills I really don't want to walk.
nice, very capable bike, as long as you aren't hucking to flat you'll love it
seems a bit heavy though, same weight as my 575, with Rev 150's/etc

dusty_nz

Likes Dirt
nice, very capable bike, as long as you aren't hucking to flat you'll love it
seems a bit heavy though, same weight as my 575, with Rev 150's/etc
Not sure what I should be aiming at.
Weight to come off is I have Race Face Deus Cranks and CaneC Stem
Reverb seatpost will suck that back again.

Wasn't really aiming for light weight but would be nice to drop a few KG. Will list the spec soon and take feedback.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Not sure what I should be aiming at.
Weight to come off is I have Race Face Deus Cranks and CaneC Stem
Reverb seatpost will suck that back again.

Wasn't really aiming for light weight but would be nice to drop a few KG. Will list the spec soon and take feedback.
i think your cranks are Race Face Prodigy DH, which are pretty heavy, Deus are light, lighter than XT

having said that, it's a good place to loose some beef, and XT are the best bang for your buck, shop around on flea bay and you'll get a set for about 150ish

you'd probably enjoy a shorter stem, thing is shorter doesn't always mean lighter, i run a Thomson X4 50mm, not mega light

if you go single gear up front you can loose a ton of beef, 2 chainrings, 4 bolts, cable and outer, shifter and front mech
you can run a MRP XC guide to replace all that for about 70grams and about the same in dollars
or you can run a light chainguide
i run 1x10 (36 x 11/36) on my other AM bike with a MRP Lopes guide, it's suprising what you can get up whe you have no choice!!

should be easy to get just below 12kg without breaking the bank or going with stupid light xc parts, i've seen them at 11kg ($$$$$$$!!!!)

keep your eye on flea bay and you'll pick up the kit you need over time at a fraction of retail, pretty sure my 575 was 90% sourced through flea bay/classifieds/etc

i really rate my 575 as an all rounder, would definately ride the same trails as i do on a ASR5 without a worry

welcome to the tribe as they say.....

BM Epic

Eats Squid
i think your cranks are Race Face Prodigy DH, which are pretty heavy, Deus are light, lighter than XT

having said that, it's a good place to loose some beef, and XT are the best bang for your buck, shop around on flea bay and you'll get a set for about 150ish

you'd probably enjoy a shorter stem, thing is shorter doesn't always mean lighter, i run a Thomson X4 50mm, not mega light

if you go single gear up front you can loose a ton of beef, 2 chainrings, 4 bolts, cable and outer, shifter and front mech
you can run a MRP XC guide to replace all that for about 70grams and about the same in dollars
i run 1x10 (36 x 11/36) on my other AM bike with a MRP Lopes guide, it's suprising what you can get up whe you have no choice!!

should be easy to get just below 12kg without breaking the bank or going with stupid light xc parts, i've seen them at 11kg ($$$$$$$!!!!)

keep your eye on flea bay and you'll pick up the kit you need over time at a fraction of retail, pretty sure my 575 was 90% sourced through flea bay/classifieds/etc

i really rate my 575 as an all rounder, would definately ride the same trails as i do on a ASR5 without a worry

Welcome to the tribe, does this mean that Ibis gets the flick!:very_drunk::tickled_pink:

dusty_nz

Likes Dirt

Have already got the Deus, Got them new from CRC for $250. Titanium BB as well. Good price. The prodogy's are just to complete the build while waiting for the cranks. Actually knackered spline shimmed with coke can.

Stem I will leave as, Actually I am 180cm tall and prefer small frames as easier to chuck around. This frame is 25mm shorter than the medium so I went for a 90mm stem to make up for it. Fit is good and frame size is nice.

On the fence with the single chainring. There is one hill climb, 10km long which peaks at 30%. Too much for a middle CR. Its the first ride of the day, The rest is no questions. Will see.

Hardest is learning to ride a full susser after such a long time.

Have just fitted the thru axle rear. Longer rear brake line, changed the stem and 690mm bars. (Raceface Turbine)

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Welcome to the tribe, does this mean that Ibis gets the flick!:very_drunk::tickled_pink:
no no no!!!

Ibis still very much part of the family, needs a bit of TLC though, waiting on a few bits for it so have been riding the 575 lately

herbman

Likes Dirt
long time sifter trying to work out if i want to jump the ship

Anyway one of my current toys

09 GT Sanction frame with needle bearing fitted to the shock eyelet
11 55 rc3 ti
12 xt brakes with icetec rotors
Stans Arch ex rims with hans dampf 2.35 tires
slx cranks with 22,36 ring with a x9/xt drive train
haven stem and sunline V1 745 bars
KS dropper post.

such a fun bike to ride on the loacl trails

Attachments

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
On the fence with the single chainring. There is one hill climb, 10km long which peaks at 30%. Too much for a middle CR. Its the first ride of the day, The rest is no questions. Will see.
Holy shit didnt know we had posters from Nepal here - that is some hill.

Awesome chriss akrig vid above - as always of course. But despite his legendary status and talent, it doesnt seem to sell many teocalis for mongoose (well i dont see many of them these days)