Post your all mountain bike

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How are you fitting the vivid? Are you sourcing the parts individually or in a kit?
I was going too put a how to on here once ive done, just waiting for shock and hardware to arrive. Im usinf tf tuned reducers, thats pretty much all you need to buy, oh ajd a 10mm nut ajd bolt to hold the shock on.

indica

Serial flasher
Unless your into huge km rides and fast xc racing i don't know how you could go with anything smaller in travel when this bike still climbs and goes so well. I think its as close I'm going to get to a do all bike anyway. Pretty pleased.
Good times when you find one that suits hey?

My Sanction is tops, I can happily ride it on any 20km jaunt and have a fucking blast.

*thad*

Likes Bikes
Good times when you find one that suits hey?

My Sanction is tops, I can happily ride it on any 20km jaunt and have a fucking blast.
Ride my one (the white meta55 a few pages back) almost every where. Did a 103k race 2 weeks after getting it going and just did a 52k race on the weekend. Love over taking the weight weenies on it!

ChopSticks

Banned
Well we will hear you coming from a mile away now

bahahahaha Ozi, dont worry, new wheels wont make me go any faster :p

I'll still be riding behind you :D

(any plans for this weekend? Will finish last uni exam on friday, and will be keen if plans are local)

my02

Likes Dirt

ChopSticks

Banned
Haven't had wheels like this before! Does it have a 'bedding in' period? Reason I ask is the wheels seem abit 'sticky' ? They don't spin forever as I would've expected? And if I have it in the stand and pedal then Release the pedals it would start spinning slowly (the cranks) ??

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New or secondhand??

With my Hope hubs, immediately after servicing hub, the new grease can initially make the hub a little sticky (and quieter).
Doesn't usually last long...

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt

ozimad

Likes Dirt
bahahahaha Ozi, dont worry, new wheels wont make me go any faster :p

I'll still be riding behind you :D

(any plans for this weekend? Will finish last uni exam on friday, and will be keen if plans are local)
Yeah mate planning for Manly Dam Saturday morning and Oaks or Appin on Sunday..

bpow

Likes Dirt
Haven't had wheels like this before! Does it have a 'bedding in' period? Reason I ask is the wheels seem abit 'sticky' ? They don't spin forever as I would've expected? And if I have it in the stand and pedal then Release the pedals it would start spinning slowly (the cranks) ??
Recently got me a set of new hope/flow hoops and mine were a liitle sticky out of the box. nothing to bad though. Read your post and cranked my pedals and let them loose, easily spin for over 30 sec and man its loud! I have had them for a bit over a month and they do spin better now than when first fitted. loving how they feel on my bike!!

ChopSticks

Banned
took it out for my first 'ride' this evening, riding down a 50m alleyway has justified the money I spent on them :D :D :D

dont know if they are lighter, but they sure 'feel' faster :D

cant wait to see how they feel once they bed in !