would a norco sasquatch be any good for dirt jumps?

best bike for all types of riding. is it the 07 model your talking about? if so, great bike. good stand over height and so on. its a beast.

Jimass

Eats Squid
I had an 06 model for my first 'real' bike...
Over the time i had it, i converted it to single speed, took the front brake off, and lowered the forks.
Then i sold it and bought a bmx.

pelt

Likes Dirt
i rode one for about 6 months dirt jumping, they steer like a boat and are super sluggish if you want to get style cat. as soon as i got more confident i ended up buying a new frame and forks. it felt heaps better, so if your wanting a dirt jump bike.. get a dj bike not a fr dh bike. hope that helps :)

rideaholic

Cannon Fodder
what do reckon the average price would be for a second hand sasquatch would be?
Maybe an 07 model?
i got mah 07 sasquatch frame 4 $50... is in perfect condition apart from a few scratches. just look around and see what you can find, shouldnt be 2 hard.

Mr Brian

Likes Bikes
They are pretty cool, but most of them bottom out over jumps. I know this because my friend has one, an 07, and it bottom outs everytime. Either its rubbish or the forks are rubbish.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They are pretty cool, but most of them bottom out over jumps. I know this because my friend has one, an 07, and it bottom outs everytime. Either its rubbish or the forks are rubbish.
Pretty sure he changed them to those fox ones
In the first quote, you say either either it's rubbish, or the forks on it are ... you then later say that he swapped them to Fox forks and they were not the original. Knowing Fox's reputation, the forks were not shit, you had them set up wrong. If you had the forks setup properly, you would not bottom out on every jump.

PS, most of your posts thus far have been useless.

I would like to know too man. I have one, i just wanna find out what i can do to change it into one!
the best thing to do is to change the frame + fork. seriously. this bike is meant for riding freeride and all mountain, not dirt jumps. dirt jumping requires completely different geometry to freeride, and different parts. instead of trying to turn a sasquatch into a dj bike you may as well buy a dedicated dj bike, itll save you money and itll ride better

nah its an ns traffic. pretty sick frame. and for the record there is no 'best' street bike, just the best one for you. some people like low and slightly longer bikes while i prefer a high bb and short stays but a long top tube. but yeah dartmoors are really nice bikes. the Pols really know how to make them (note: i am heavily biased haha)