Turner DW Link

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Juiccccccccccy!:eek::eek::eek:

Wonder when they will hit our shores?

PS: Does anyone else see the resemblance between the DHR and the demo's? All those machined bits in the rear end look very similar... I could say the same about the RFX and the ironhorse 7.X & 6.X series... None the less, fucking hot frames!
They're very different systems.
The Demo is a 4-bar, even though the shock isn't driven by the linkage.
Visually, they have similarities (curved tubing, basic shock location, some machining characteristics) but that's about as far as it goes.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They're very different systems.
The Demo is a 4-bar, even though the shock isn't driven by the linkage.
Visually, they have similarities (curved tubing, basic shock location, some machining characteristics) but that's about as far as it goes.
Yeah should have been clearer, I meant appearance wise not linkage wise...

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ford still uses leaf springs?
Hehehehe, too funny. LOL in the office...

And yes, everyone, including Orange will use 4-bar/multilink pivots one day, if my evil plan comes to fruition... bwahahahahaha! :eek:

dhd

Downhill Direct
I'm excited! Though as yet we don't have any more info than you guys can get your hands on. I've been promised all info will be available at Interbike show in a few weeks.
Looks like we will be able to supply 5 Spot and Flux shortly after Interbike and the new DHR's will still be quite a way off.
Turner...WoooHoo!!!

floody

Wheel size expert
So Dave just ditched his antiquated old tech for trendy licensed tech. Exciting news, this will shake up the world of mountain biking.

Last edited:

S.

ex offender
So Dave just ditched his antiquated old tech for trendy licensed tech. Exciting news, this will shake up the world of mountain biking.
aaaaaaaand here come the obligatory internet experts on linkage design.

floody

Wheel size expert
aaaaaaaand here come the obligatory internet experts on linkage design.
I couldn't give two shits about the linkage design to be honest. Smacks of marketing cynicism to ditch the design so fervently promoted for so long, so suddenly. In the end, I understand that, its business. But to read the crap some fanboys spout when this sort of stuff goes on...

The 'antiquated' part was meant to be in italics to also denote sarcasm, its been corrected.

Last edited:

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Bill,

Can you get some info on the new turner 4x bikes? Will they be a rfx / 5 spot hybrid as years gone by?? Travel and geometry?? DT alluded to these bikes on the competitive cyclist article linked above.

The new DHR looks great, dialed geometry and super low cog. Not sure if i like the move to the DW link, i hope weagle is giving them the license for free, because he sure as hell needs a good manufacture to make bikes that work reliably and shake of the bad rep dw-link has picked up. Im sure turner will make a super solid bike.

Not a fan of the curved tubes on the RFX, makes it look like an iron donkey 6 point. Yuck.

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow, that DHR looks great. Good they still managed to keep the charcter of the older style frame but with DW. It still looks like a Turner.:)
First thing I thought - great styling, keeps with the Turner look

S.

ex offender
I couldn't give two shits about the linkage design to be honest. Smacks of marketing cynicism to ditch the design so fervently promoted for so long, so suddenly. In the end, I understand that, its business. But to read the crap some fanboys spout when this sort of stuff goes on...

The 'antiquated' part was meant to be in italics to also denote sarcasm, its been corrected.
Maybe you should read this interview - http://www.competitivecyclist.com/z...AM+Carbon+Powermeter+Sale&utm_term=QA+with+DT

Dave Turner is possibly the one person in the bike industry who is actually willing to admit when a marketed feature isn't the best option any more, and change to something more functional. He ditched FSR/ICT for that very reason, rather than continuing to push forwards with the marketing BS that 90% of the riding population believe. I haven't always been a fan of his bikes but it's hard to argue with Turner's design ethos.

udi

swiss cheese
i hope weagle is giving them the license for free
And I hope you're joking... I had a chuckle to myself when I saw the news this morning, because I knew your head would explode when turner jumped on the dw bandwagon. Fact is, the dw-link does most of what dave turner himself claimed in the interview pretty successfully (and we all know dt is a pretty no-bullshit guy), and the design's implementation in the 07 bikes onwards is pretty solid anyway. I've had mine for a year now and no dramas really, if anyone's having issues now they probably need to take the allen-key-operation-101 course.

As for the bad rep he has picked up, a multiple world cup series and world championship winning suspension design is definitely something I'd hate to have hanging over my head too. :rolleyes:

tprmc78

Likes Dirt
New frames look awesome. No wonder Bill was riding a Specialized around Majura the other day while waiting for the 09 models to arrive:D