roast dinner

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I made a roast for dinner tonight =) but it was a roast chicken. So the potatoes are nice and soft on the inside, I boil them first, drain them when they're soft, then add olive oil, a bit of salt, some mixed herbs and mix it around, then I cook it in the chicken fat on the bottom of the pan. The chicken was stuffed with some garlic gloves, herbs and a bit of butter. Bocaj loves my potatoes, reckons they're better than mums.
So you're turning 18 right? Phone number?

Jimass

Eats Squid
I made a roast for dinner tonight =) but it was a roast chicken. So the potatoes are nice and soft on the inside, I boil them first, drain them when they're soft, then add olive oil, a bit of salt, some mixed herbs and mix it around, then I cook it in the chicken fat on the bottom of the pan. The chicken was stuffed with some garlic gloves, herbs and a bit of butter. Bocaj loves my potatoes, reckons they're better than mums.

Hmm, I think the same about my sisters potatoes, hmm.

Rhianna

Cannon Fodder
Hahaha, my parents always joke about selling me off for a lot of money cause I cook and clean the house =P

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
Then before the dishes are washed i put the potatoes on the fatty pan that the chicken was cooked in and squash the potato then cover it in gravy and squash it some more. Mmmmm I'm hungry.

indica

Serial flasher
yeah, but as i said, it really has nothign to do with the meat it self, its more the sides of roast vege, and crakle which i am against.

friday arvo's at work my boss cooks up a spit roast, its awsome. probaly becuase there is no roast potato, only potato salad!!!

and on another note, does any one eat "squash's" those yellow.. squashed looking things.
If roast veges aren't done right they are gross.
BUT for real roast pork go to a good Viet. restaurant and eat the roast pork.
It is pork belly and the most tender amazing bit of juicy meat with crunchy skin on top. Try and do it yourself. Braise pork belly in chinese red master stock at 165c for 2 hours. Cool and squash in the fridge over night. Oven roast the next day, salting the skin very well. Lovely. Best thing ever.

H

>Henry

So the potatoes are nice and soft on the inside, I boil them first, drain them when they're soft, then add olive oil, a bit of salt, some mixed herbs and mix it around, then I cook it in the chicken fat on the bottom of the pan.
I hear that cooking potatoes in goose fat makes them quite delectable.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, but as i said, it really has nothign to do with the meat it self, its more the sides of roast vege, and crakle which i am against.

friday arvo's at work my boss cooks up a spit roast, its awsome. probaly becuase there is no roast potato, only potato salad!!!

and on another note, does any one eat "squash's" those yellow.. squashed looking things.
dont worry ill don a suit to.... I dont HATE roast chicken
But it gets FUCKING boring, and its crusty and dry. Id much prefer to eat a something african or middle eastern or asian. Its just such a plain bland taste compared to a lot of the other food around the world. But im sure Moroccans crave roast chicken so.....

kyleman

Likes Dirt
sawtell
i am having the same thing exactly tonight
and feel 100% the same way as you in every aspect.
good work

downhiller_1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i just had one... it was pretty shit... dont know why i come home to eat one when my mate mums always want me to stay and have spag bowl (yum) with them

Rhianna

Cannon Fodder
dont worry ill don a suit to.... I dont HATE roast chicken
But it gets FUCKING boring, and its crusty and dry. Id much prefer to eat a something african or middle eastern or asian. Its just such a plain bland taste compared to a lot of the other food around the world. But im sure Moroccans crave roast chicken so.....
If your chicken is getting that dry, next time put a put of water in the oven with it, so the water evaporates and keeps the oven nice and humid, hence, no dry chicken. And if you love Moroccan chicken that much, go and buy some Moroccan seasoning =P there ya go, your own Moroccan chicken.

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
If your chicken is getting that dry, next time put a put of water in the oven with it, so the water evaporates and keeps the oven nice and humid, hence, no dry chicken. And if you love Moroccan chicken that much, go and buy some Moroccan seasoning =P there ya go, your own Moroccan chicken.
I thought it was a hot water in a deep tray below.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^ yes i know, but what i mean is that chicken is just plain and dry.... and its not my mums cooking, my mum makes it better than professional chefs. Im off to eat casserole.

Rhianna

Cannon Fodder
Bocaj, just because you do year 8 foodtech, it doesn't make you a pro =P. Pot, pan, dish, its all the same, the water still evaporates.

dunndog

Eats Squid
I reckon a good roast kicks arse, but if it's an 'every sunday' thing then I'd suggest NOt having one every sunday. cos what you're doing is building a phobia of a god damn delicious meal. And how good are left over lamb roast sanwiches at work the next day?
Drools on keyboard.. gets electricuted.. sits down to beautiful roast brussels sprouts..;)

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Roast vegetables are great, you just have to know how to do them properly otherwise you might as well just douse boiled vegetables in oil and serve them as a dish.
I'm not really seeing the point your trying to make. :p

^ yes i know, but what i mean is that chicken is just plain and dry.... and its not my mums cooking, my mum makes it better than professional chefs. Im off to eat casserole.
Ummm, if it actually WAS better than a profession chefs, it wouldn't be dry...

Had THE best 'roastish' kind of dinner on Saturday. Chicken servings stuffed with ham/cheese kind of sauce. Not sure what it was called though. Any ideas? Nooo, wasnt really a parma variety.