Zefal hydration packs

danv

Likes Dirt
Such as this one being sold through torpedo7. Anyone used them? What are your thoughts on quality, durability, etc. And do you reckon you could chuck it on the kitchen scales and tell us how much it weighs at all? :) I want something pretty light because I find the more weight on my back the more annoyance. And some of the heavier camelbak packs weigh up to a kilo.

Any thoughts or comments much appreciated.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just bought a CamelBack 3 litre "hydrate or die", doesnt really have any storage capacity but it weighs absoloutly nothing. I honestly rekon like 100 grams with no water, and 3 litres of water is 3kg. So not to bad full even. Was only 100 bucks to! Oh and has a removable bladder, make sure you get a removable bladder.

But if you need storage space, then I was looking at the camelback "Mule" and "blowfish" as well. They didnt seem TO heavy to me (alot heavier than the one I got) and had lots of storage... I guess you'd want to check them out.

And as a side note - in my experience i've found there are no bladders that match up to the quality of camelback bladders in any shape or form, and make sure you get a removable bladder. The ones that are permanent in the bags are horrible.

Knight

Likes Dirt
Camelbak H.A.W.G.

I've got one and they've got plenty of storage for a day and don't weigh much at all when empty. 3Ls of removable water carrying capacity. Its got sternum and waist straps so the load will stay put if you do them up.