zee vs guide rsc

freeriding

Likes Dirt
I like the bite point to be far from the handlebars (just a shallow push and to engage)

I read that the guides (even the rsc) have the biting point located more to the handlebars.

Is that true?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I like the bite point to be far from the handlebars (just a shallow push and to engage)

I read that the guides (even the rsc) have the biting point located more to the handlebars.

Is that true?
The BP dial is located well away from the levers and is not in a position where it could ever accidentally be nudged. It can also be activated/changed while riding, if necessary. And, this is the biggie, it actually works!

edit: when you say "even the RSC", isn't the RSC the only model that has BPA (apart from Ultimates)?

freeriding

Likes Dirt
Yes, this is why I write it.
So the BP dial has enough range so that you can have the BP either very close to the levers or very close to the handlebars?

Last edited:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Yes, this is why I write it.
So the BP dial has enough range so that you can have the BP either very close to the levers or very close to the handlebars?
The answer to this is pretty subjective. You can have the lever pull right to the bars, but is mainly determined by the reach adjustment.
The BP adjust affects the length of the stroke, so how far you pull the lever before the pads engage with the rotors.

You can have the BPC all the way out or all the way in and still have the levers come to the bar, but the starting point of the lever reach is different.