STOLEN YT Industries Wicked 150 - NSW, Milson's Point.

ojc

Squid
Bike has now been found... See the reply below... :)

REWARD!!! My YT full sus has been stolen over the last couple of days - only just noticed last night.. Gutted. No insurance either so it'll be a while before I can think about replacing it.

It's a very unusual bike for Australia, it was only sold for 2 years and then only in Europe. I bought it back in Ireland and brought it with me when I moved over... So if you see one it's extremely likely that it's my stolen bike. Please keep an eye out and let me know if you see it!!

Bike: YT Industries Wicked 150
Colour: Black/Silver/Red
Date it was stolen: Between Dec 13 & Dec 16 2014
Where it was stolen: Milson's Point, NSW 2061
Specs: 150 mm full sus bike
Dual-position Revelation forks
Avid elixir 5 brakes
Race face turbine crankset, handlebars and stem.
DT Swiss MT1700 Spline wheels (different to the picture)
eTen dropper seatpost
SRAM x9 groupset

Other Descriptions: The bike had no pedals when it was stolen and the dropper post was stuck in the up position. It also has some massive and pretty worn lock on grips.

Pictures:
s780_IMG_5498.jpg

The pic is of another YT - Picture of mine below - not great quality but you can see the colours;
YT industries Wicked 150.jpg

I just want to get it back and am offering a reward for the person who finds it / returns it to me.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Should be reasonably easy to spot if it comes up for sale. Would be close to a one off in Australia.

Good luck mate.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Happy Christmas! No wait...thats fucked. My stolen seat (Monday in Sydney) was black red and white...would have matched your set up sweetly. Good luck hunting it down.

Honzo15

Likes Dirt
Good luck dude! I live on the Northern Beaches and will keep an eye on it. The same thing also happened to me 2 months ago so I know how you feel.

ojc

Squid
Some good news on a stolen bike thread for once - my wife and I managed to get this bike back so if you see it out on the trails, don't worry it's back with it's rightful owner!

We posted "Reward Offered" ads all over the net and after a while an "individual" got in touch saying he'd seen the bike and could get it back to us, and sent a photo for us identify the bike. He was also pretty keen to know what the reward was.... anyway there was a unique city street in the background... we figured out the location and got it back (with police involvement) - made for a pretty good start to that weekend!

I'm told the "individual" was later caught in possession of a stolen bike, with a few more found at his home, so some level of justice has been done too. A good ending all round!

ojc

Squid
Pretty good, though he'd swapped my nice Race Face bars for some nasty narrow XC-style bars and put on some mutant looking saddle... I've replaced both of those!

The main damage was to the rear wheel. The wheels were set up tubeless and I guess had gone flat so he put tubes in, except he gouged out the valve hole to fit a schrader valve. Looks like he just smacked a huge screwdriver through it, and the end result was a fatally weakened rim... I'm stumped why he didn't just go and find a presta-valved tube! A bit of a nuisance but I've rebuilt it with a wider stronger rim so it's worked out well.

Just goes to show though, it's worth following up on a bike theft, particularly if it's an unusual bike. If nothing else you can make it harder for the "individual" to sell it on.... :)

ojc

Squid
Really? He sent the bloke he stole it off, a photo of it with his house as the backdrop...........thought it'd be a no brainer.
To be fair to him the photo was taken from up high in a car park and if it wasn't for the pedestrian ramp in the back ground I'd have had trouble.... Turns out there aren't many pedestrian ramps in Sydney so Google maps + street view was pretty helpful in figuring out where it was taken!

But yeah, clearly not the brightest spark.