YT Industries available!

NateTeh

Squid
I love how the bikes look, I'd just prefer to take it for a ride down a street before I bought it.. And that's probably why I'll choose to go with another brand from a shop.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I love how the bikes look, I'd just prefer to take it for a ride down a street before I bought it.. And that's probably why I'll choose to go with another brand from a shop.
Contact the supplier, wouldn't surprise me if rides were avaliable, especially if at state level mountain bike events. We all had a ride at Buller, nice bike, while the large is pretty large, if only they made an XL.

banksy

Likes Bikes
View attachment 309487View attachment 309488
Guess what I saw at Buller yesterday? Carbon YT Capra, I had a quick bounce around and it was VERY plush. Looks great and felt very lightweight. I predict everyone will be riding these shortly. This was the distributors bike, had a good chat up on the chairlift. Great guy and seems like a great company. I love Banshees, but this is hard to pass up for the money.
So is there an Australian distributor?

crim 87

Likes Dirt
not as such yet , they're trying to set up some so there all still coming from nz at the minute makes it hard to pull the trigger when you can't see when in the flesh or sit on one. damn they look good and are a steal for that build pitty they don't hold a bottle cage

I would love to order one but asking me to wait 8 months for a bike is crazy, all the new models will be out by the time i get last years bike.

banksy

Likes Bikes
I would love to order one but asking me to wait 8 months for a bike is crazy, all the new models will be out by the time i get last years bike.
Might not be such a bad thing reading through that Pink bike thread. Seems like they're still ironing out the kinks in production with cracked paint, creaking frames and bikes getting damaged in transit.

Still want one tho

jimigor

Squid
Just got my Capra Al 1 and so far it's bloody awesome.

I haven't tried it on anything too rough yet but what has really surprised me is how little pedal bob there is. The only time I felt a need to move the suspension from open to mid was when riding on the road and even then it was more out of habit.

Distribution and warranty issues for Australia are now being managed by defcon cycles out of Brisbane. Although orders and importing is still managed from NZ.

For those concerned about shipping, my bike arrived without a scratch.

The weekend and ride #3 can't come quick enough.

banksy

Likes Bikes
Just got my Capra Al 1 and so far it's bloody awesome.

I haven't tried it on anything too rough yet but what has really surprised me is how little pedal bob there is. The only time I felt a need to move the suspension from open to mid was when riding on the road and even then it was more out of habit.

Distribution and warranty issues for Australia are now being managed by defcon cycles out of Brisbane. Although orders and importing is still managed from NZ.

For those concerned about shipping, my bike arrived without a scratch.

The weekend and ride #3 can't come quick enough.
Pics? Interested in seeing some up close shots of frame build/quality

SaabG

Likes Dirt
It's so disappointing that they say they are distributing to australia now when the carbon models are not even available. I would have preferred they not get our hopes up and let us buy something else. I'm sick of waiting for them to become available.

Tomroy

Squid
2016 YT industries Capra Al comp 1

So have ordered and paid for a 2016 Capra Al comp 1, fingers crossed will arrive soon. Will post pics when it arrives.