You're The One For Me, Fatty!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
It's my go-to bike for riding locally (there's a lot of sand near me) - 2015 Specialized Fatboy.

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

I've actually had this bike a while now but as I bought it secondhand and it already came with a bunch of additional components (Bluto fork, Carbon bar, dropper post, etc.) it never truly felt like mine.

Since then however, I've undone all the good work that the last guy did in terms of lightening the load by purchasing as much anodised blue components as I can in the hope of turning it into something resembling a can of Irn-Bru (Scotland's 2nd national drink) so I consider it well and truly personalised

Anyway, quick rundown of the ingredients:

Frame: 2015 Specialized Fatboy (Large)

Fork: Rockshox Bluto 80mm

Groupset: Shimano XT

ChainRing: RaceFace NW 30t

Brakes: Shimano XT, Ice-tech rotors

Wheel set: Speccy's own 26" Rims with 4.6" Speccy Ground Control tyres (Tubeless although thanks to a 9mm diameter spear at Lysty, I've got a tube in the rear)
Front wheel is rocking a sexy anodised blue Hope Fatso Hub. Rear has Speccy's stock hub.

Seatpost: Rockshox reverb

Pedals: Fire Eye Grill - Blue

Bar: Deity Components Topsoil Handlebar 2015 Anodised Blue, 735mm, 31.8mm, 50mm riser

Stem: Spank Spoon - 40mm

Saddle: RaceFace Aeffect blue

Weight: Was around 14.5kg when I bought it. Probably closer to 15.5 - 16 these days.

Ride Report in one word: Fun!

The new riser bar and flat pedals make me feel a bit like either Mint Sauce or Judge Dredd. It's also surprisingly nimble in the climbs

Anyway, some more photos...

It's great for the beach:
IMG_1024.jpg

Even better on my local loop

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

And it can even hold it's own in a race!

IMG_0934.jpg

It was an impulse buy but one that still puts a smile on my face to this day!

Last edited:

BT180

Max Pfaff
Always been intrigued by these bikes. How do you find pushing 15-16kgs through the sand? Do the massive tyres just float on top of it, making it relatively easy?

JASER

Likes Dirt
What have you done too my Baby dude!!??!?? :)

Pmsl with the tartan.

Glad your enjoying it.

It's the most fun I have ever had on a bike, full stop.

And she motors

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Soft sand handles no problem, sludgy sand too. THe only way to access my local loop is along the beach which always used to be a chore. Now it's quite fun. Hell, it's even more fun if you take the back-beach way and throw it down a couple of the sand dunes on the way.

That said, it is a pig to push up the face of them but then I thnk any bike would be...

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
...and, of course, never buy a used saddle from Pint o' after that last pic

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
So does it play nice with the Ti hard tail? Love the tam o' shanter on the helmet too!
They got on exceptionally well as you can see:

happy couple.jpg

However after a few months I was alerted to a picture of a new bike on Triton's (the Russian company who made the hardtail) Facebook page:

Triton.jpg

It's separate bedrooms for those two from now on...