your thoughts on the norco two 50.

brusier

Likes Dirt
I am in the process of looking for a new bike. and i saw the norco two50 on the norcos website and it looks good. I am wondering if this is a good bike. Here are the specs and a pic and what are your thoughts. Cheers

Frame Set
Frame 4130 Chromoly
Fork Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 3 QR-20
Shock
Sizes S/M, M/L
Colors
Wheelset
Front Hub Formula Disc 20mm
Rear Hub KK 14mm Axle 3spd Micro Driver
Rims Sun MTX 24"
Spokes DT Champion
Tires DMR Moto Digger 24"
Components
Stem Snafu Armstrong Light
Bar Shovel Dirt Jump
Post Pivital Direct Bolt
Grips Snafu Black Red
Saddle Pivital Direct Bolt
Headset FSA Integrated

BrakeSet
Front Brake Hayes MX-3, 6" rotor
Rear Brake Hayes MX-3, 6" rotor
Brake Levers Avid
Drivetrain
Crankset SNAFU 13
Chainguide
Pedals DMR V8
Chain KMC
Freewheel
FrontChanger
Rear Changer
Front Shifter
Rear Shifter
Other
Sprocket Snafu Lite 25T Red

Attachments

tonas

Likes Dirt
Please correct me if im wrong, but I think you find Norco Aust. are only importing the S/M size.

So all 7foot basketballer's, volleyballer's, netballer's and giraffes probably need to look else where ;)

Otherwise it appears to be a sweet little pushie :)

Andy.

brusier

Likes Dirt
tonas said:
Please correct me if im wrong, but I think you find Norco Aust. are only importing the S/M size.

So all 7foot basketballer's, volleyballer's, netballer's and giraffes probably need to look else where ;)

Andy.
i have no idea im not 7ft tall so it all should be sweet

DEMONATION

Likes Dirt
mate if u have the moeny and u r into the street/ubran park thing that go for this bike it will be heavy as shit tho that would be the only downside good spec and frame looks like the geometry would feel good.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
try the specialized p1, i rode one today, it feels mad and its heaps easy to monouver(sp?), and theyre only like 1200 i think

There are a few nice bikes in that price range

Don't get me wrong the Norco is a nice bike, but you also have a Specialized P2 in that range, a Rocky Mountain Flow 2, Giants STP Zero, hell of a good bike and really well spec.ed for it's $1,800 orice tag.

Remember that all DJ bikes are heavy in a way, they ofset the heaviness buy haveing a small cockpit, makes them feel smaller. But they are just about indestructable

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
brusier said:
so is the norco two 50 heavy or not? because people say it heavy and people say its not.
do the math mate...

the frame is chromo, the wheels are mid weight, the tires mid weight etc etc, there is nothing really´heavy on the bike, and the frame is not guseted to hell, it will be a mid weight cromo dirt jumper

ps - im thinking of gettin one too!;)

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
I didn't think the one I played on was too heavy, but, I guess it comes down to what you call heavy. I think ajay hit the nail on the head with his post there isn't much in the way of overweight parts on the bike.

rabbitt69

Likes Dirt
i think it would be a good bike but knowing you like i do i'm sure you would go better on some kind of hardtail as you will want to take it off some drops and the 250 wasn't made for that

MUGEN

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If your going to get one, you stick with 24" wheels, because the bottom bracket is waaay too high with 26's.

Derek Yates

Soul Rider
tonas said:

Andy.
The 06 version is only available in one size - the S/M as this is the prefered size for most riders. We still have limited stock of L/LX from last year on special and frames if taller riders want something bigger.

Cheers,

Derek @ Norco.Au

aday

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If i was looking for a bike of the needs that this bike can do, this would be the first bike i'd get. They just look so good and they must run well from what people are saying.