Your Rear Mud-Guard..

red_dog

Likes Dirt
Seeings that winter is well and truly here (well in Tassie it is),
Just interested to see what people come up with for the purpose of keeping mud out of their rigs -
I've seen a few different attempts, such as:
- Front guards retro-fitted
- Old plastic binder covers (especially if you have a DW Iron Horse)
- Old Inner Tubes

Mine is a 'THE' front fender re-worked for the rear on a Shocker

Attachments

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i dont know wether that would stop much of the mud because the placement of it would have to extend to about 4 or 5 inches above where it is now but it would stop some of the mud but to stop the majority it has to cover above the area trying to be protected by 4 or 5 in as i said but its cool i must say

cheers blake

rail_rider2004

Likes Bikes
i dont know wether that would stop much of the mud because the placement of it would have to extend to about 4 or 5 inches above where it is now but it would stop some of the mud but to stop the majority it has to cover above the area trying to be protected by 4 or 5 in as i said but its cool i must say

cheers blake
thats what i said. and i wouldnt have believed it unless ive seen it, but i have, and it seems to do an ok job. maby i need to get onto making one for myself.

red_dog

Likes Dirt
The idea is to keep mud out of the shock area, and for that purpose it works extreemely well.
It does not however protect the seat post my body from mud, but I didnt cut it to size for that purpose anyway

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If it helps reduce the gatjering of mud in the shock,that's obviously a big plus.I'd rather get dirt then my shock.It's such a tricky thing(if you have no clue about a shock)to clean it out if it's all clogged with mud.Top idea and thanx for sharing.

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is my very cheap option. Thick rubber + cable ties.

Works very well though (for keeing the mud out of drivetrain / shock, I don't care about me).

Also another bonus is you can't really see it unless you're close and focusing on it (don't really want a a noticeable chunk of plastic there).

Note - pic was from when I first got it. I wish the paint was that scratch free still. :(

Attachments