Your favourite all mountain bike and why!

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
Hi All.

Looking to upgrade again. Need something 140 -160mm. Looking so far at the following
Pivot Mach 6
Banshee rune or spitfire
Giant reign or trance
Maybe looking at Santa Cruz, Transition, Nukeproof. Fuck so many options. Price range about 5-6k
Love your feedback on what new bikes you all have, why you love them and what else should I be looking at. My riding style is aggressive trail 60% XC 30% and full down hill the rest.
SHOOT!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I've had an '05 Reign, '08 Glory Comp, '09 Commencal Supreme DH, '11 Rune V1.5 and now '13 Rune V2.

I love the Rune, it's like someone rolled all the best bits of the bikes I've had into one. I've ridden a Spitfire as well and given your riding break down, may well suggest that over the Rune. You'd want to throw a leg over both and decide for yourself.

moorey

call me Mia
Your intended used is exactly what I use my spitfire for. Does both as well as any bike I've rideen. 70km trail/XC rides, and I've raced it gravity enduro.
Cant comment on your other options (other than the rune, which is awesome, but a bit much for XC use), but can't get enough of my spitty.

image.jpg

Ivan

Eats Squid
Hi All.

Looking to upgrade again. Need something 140 -160mm. Looking so far at the following
Pivot Mach 6
Banshee rune or spitfire
Giant reign or trance
Maybe looking at Santa Cruz, Transition, Nukeproof. Fuck so many options. Price range about 5-6k
Love your feedback on what new bikes you all have, why you love them and what else should I be looking at. My riding style is aggressive trail 60% XC 30% and full down hill the rest.
SHOOT!

Do you want bottle cage mounts? because that rules out a few of those options.

Are you looking for a complete bike or frame only?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Purely on paper specs, the rocky mountain thunderbolt (fucking cheesey name though) or intense tracer 275a are pretty stiffy inspiring. And both have adjustable geo, to suit your riding pleasure.

will2

Likes Dirt
If I had your brief I would go straight for one of the Reign Advanced 0 which are in run out. Can be had for $5500 at For The Riders. Which is mint.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Purely on paper specs, the rocky mountain thunderbolt (fucking cheesey name though) or intense tracer 275a are pretty stiffy inspiring. And both have adjustable geo, to suit your riding pleasure.
thunderbolt is a paltry 120mm, spatchcock.

KouraKoura

Likes Bikes
capra

Gotta say, my YT Capra AL1 shits all over any other bike I've owned: Trek Fuel, Scott Genius... Better climber and so much awesome on the downs.

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
Shit yeah guys this is exactly the info I am looking for. Great replies from all! And please keep them coming

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
I've had an '05 Reign, '08 Glory Comp, '09 Commencal Supreme DH, '11 Rune V1.5 and now '13 Rune V2.

I love the Rune, it's like someone rolled all the best bits of the bikes I've had into one. I've ridden a Spitfire as well and given your riding break down, may well suggest that over the Rune. You'd want to throw a leg over both and decide for yourself.
Love the Spitty and Rune but over here in south west WA I doubt I'd be able to find either. It would be a mail order job only

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
Your intended used is exactly what I use my spitfire for. Does both as well as any bike I've rideen. 70km trail/XC rides, and I've raced it gravity enduro.
Cant comment on your other options (other than the rune, which is awesome, but a bit much for XC use), but can't get enough of my spitty.

View attachment 316692
Your Spitty gives me a semi. What more can you tell me. Is the Rune overkill in your opinion?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Love the Spitty and Rune but over here in south west WA I doubt I'd be able to find either. It would be a mail order job only
Ben at Single Tracks will hook you up. Or the other bloke. Ben is great to deal with, as I've heard is the other guy, whose business escapes me at the moment, but coincidentally I think he is a Ben too.

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
Do you want bottle cage mounts? because that rules out a few of those options.

Are you looking for a complete bike or frame only?
I always wear a pack Ivan, never used my cage mounts on any bike. What do you suggest?