Your dream National Series

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Okay, you get to choose five venues from any part of Australia and from any time in Australian downhill history. One of the events has to be the champs, the other four are points rounds. You need to make a list of five venues with some good reasons why that venue should be on the national calendar.

Here is an example:
Round 1 - Cairns world champs track from the 90's. I've been told that this course was a true downhill venue with a real gnarly feel to it. This would test the riders who've never ridden such terrain.
Round 2 - Majura Pines in ACT. Why? Why not! I love riding Majura. It needs to use the top of the hill with the sealed shuttle road. Close to a major city, accommodation right there etc. Any venue in Canberra would do, maybe even the old Blue Range venue.
Round 3 - Mt Buller.......with bulk rain. Enough said.;)
Round 4 - Mt Sugarloaf from the late 90's (as seen is some older movies). Yep, same deal, great track, close enough to get to and worth a look for spectators.
National champs - Coffs Harbour.:p Great track, close to plenty of accommodation and an airport. Plenty of nice girls on tap.;)
This is in no way related to anything organised for the MTBA national series! It is all hypothetical.
What would your dream series be?

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
based on tracks,

I'd want Barjarg to be there, just for how good and hard the track is to ride clean and fast.
Buller, lifts, enough said.
I think illinbah, from what ive seen it looks awesome.
Tassie, track looks unreal as well.

For champs i reckon Mt. Beauty would go alright, just the location is so good.

Gravity Addict

Likes Dirt
My dream series.
Round 1: Whistler
Round 2: Whistler
Round 3: Whistler
Round 4: Whistler
National Champs: Whistler

And because whistlers not actually in Australia, we'll bring it over and put it over Eltham.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Why not all out retro

Cairns
Nundle
Sugarloaf
Old Skool Coffs

Then finish off with a Dual Compressor format down the fire road at Thredbo

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1.Amazon
2.Illinbah
3.Coffs
4.Glenorchy
5.Awaba

Old suggy is essentailly the same as what Ourimbah is today. Still fun to ride though.

tc2233

Likes Dirt
1. Thredbo
2. Illinbah (haven't been there but looks good).
3. Awaba - only if it had proper parking facilities.
4. Mt Buller
5. Lithgow??- It has good parking, facilities, a massive field at the end of the track, it just needs a few more jumps then everyone would like it.

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1) Blue Range nats track
2) Mt Beauty big hill
3) Thredbo but with the old bottom section (the fast ski run one)
4) Buller
5) .....I'll say Coffs. Never ridden it but I hear good things

SteveC22

Likes Dirt
1: Blue range ACT - Old track (never rode it but heard good things)
2: Blue range ACT - New Track (sickkkkkk)
3: Definately not Majura its crap
4: Coffs (ive heard its awesome)

Champs: ilinbahhhhhhhhhhhrddd

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
National champs - Coffs Harbour.:p Great track, close to plenty of accommodation and an airport. Plenty of nice girls on tap.;)
This is in no way related to anything organised for the MTBA national series! It is all hypothetical.
What would your dream series be?
I love how neutral you are Dozer!

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
1) Coffs
2) Tassy
3) Illinbah
4) Kenilworth - A mad QLD track which is just amazing, definatley national standard.
Champs) Cairns - looks...amazing.

ecd08

Likes Dirt
ahhh
1) illinbah
2) cairns old school
3) coffs old track
4) coffs new track= orgasm
champs) mt beauty

deffinately gotta have coffs in it :cool: hahaha