You Yangs trails now closed! 04/02/2011

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
park sandy creek road

Oh and we wanted to ride junction track which way is best towards stockyards or coming back the other way towards kurrajong
For the Kurrajongs area
Park at Sandy Creek Road car park,
Ride anti clock wise so you are riding the trails closest to great circle drive. Then were the trail meets the Junction track go left and ride down hill over all the dirt jumps. This section is slightly down hill and super fun on a hard tail.
Then after lunch ride back up and ascend the junction track to stock yards. May need to walk a couple of spots.
At stock yards either descend cressy (watch out for a couple of new drop oafs) or descend via the new remade lactic which is awesome! (also a few new drop offs). Ride around the new farm yard, ascend Vomit hill descend boulder and either Ascend lactic or the great circle drive road depending on how busy it is.

Then Ascend Junction and go via the dirt jumps again which is my fav decent.
You will have a great day.

Re the changes can't understand all the neg feed back. Stock yards has some awesome new changes and it is still not finished . Farm yard has lost the boulders on the hair pin but the new trail has flow is is super fun to ride fast.

trav

Likes Dirt
Sorry guys it was yesterday (monday) not friday, I must be on drugs I was at home last friday and have witnesses. Trav Im saying that it should be closed to uphill traffic because its such a DH styled track. I would however like a nice rambling singletrack climb up to the top is that not reasonable?
A singletrack climb to the top will happen,we just need a short break from it all.

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
Good news with Rockwell on the cards

Is there any way to reincorporate the bottom of Lactic back into the trails? Or is the entire section not suitable? That was one of the most challenging climbs

trav

Likes Dirt
Good news with Rockwell on the cards

Is there any way to reincorporate the bottom of Lactic back into the trails? Or is the entire section not suitable? That was one of the most challenging climbs
Its not suitable and that section will be gone after this weekend,it exceeds the trail grade of Rockwell.

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Its not suitable and that section will be gone after this weekend,it exceeds the trail grade of Rockwell.
Its still open from the bottom isnt it Trav? We rode up it on Sunday and then found the trail ended. It wasnt closed at the bottom and still seemed like the obvious direction. We totally missed the new part of lactic! Will have to go sus it out next ride :)

trav

Likes Dirt
Its still open from the bottom isnt it Trav? We rode up it on Sunday and then found the trail ended. It wasnt closed at the bottom and still seemed like the obvious direction. We totally missed the new part of lactic! Will have to go sus it out next ride :)
This section of the old alignment will be gone buy about 9 in the morning.